One soap to rule them all?

Ben88 said:
riskybadger said:
Razorock XXX (t)

i wrote an extensive review on shavenook. it is an excellent soap although it has two small faults with it. but because i love the scent so much, and i love the Italian croap style soaps, this would be my choice. i loved it so much i finished one tub within few months and have a second up and running.

Interesting to hear what you feel the two small faults are mate? All their stuff seems to have a real cult following in America!

here is the review i wrote. hope it helps
http://shavenook.com/thread-razorock-xxx-tallow

its got a cult following for good reason. Joe is providing classic Italian made soaps, made in Italy, which have great performance and a selection of fantastic scents, usually copying some great well known frags.

if you enjoy TSF or proraso... then you will probably love the razorock soaps.

Wilkinson Sword blue bowl.

Only joking!!
Really tough one. Vitos Supercrema I think. But MWF, Nanny's French Lavender and vintage Imperial Leather all up there nudging the top spot for me.

riskybadger said:
Ben88 said:
riskybadger said:
Razorock XXX (t)

i wrote an extensive review on shavenook. it is an excellent soap although it has two small faults with it. but because i love the scent so much, and i love the Italian croap style soaps, this would be my choice. i loved it so much i finished one tub within few months and have a second up and running.

Interesting to hear what you feel the two small faults are mate? All their stuff seems to have a real cult following in America!

here is the review i wrote. hope it helps
http://shavenook.com/thread-razorock-xxx-tallow

its got a cult following for good reason. Joe is providing classic Italian made soaps, made in Italy, which have great performance and a selection of fantastic scents, usually copying some great well known frags.

if you enjoy TSF or proraso... then you will probably love the razorock soaps.

Thanks for that! I am really enjoying Proraso Green at the moment. Lathers nicely and I like the menthol alot.

Omp said:
So far it's 25% Lait Frais d'Anesse Bio from La Savonnerie du Moulin
http://www.la-savonniere-du-moulin.com

I still have plenty more to try though

Ah yes, Omp how could I forget about 25% Lait Frais d'Anesse Bio? Crème de la crème of all shave soaps!

I did send them an email in both English and in French, (dodgy French) unfortunatly they did not reply, so I didn't think it safe to just order. Omp do you know if its good to just order from their website and the goods arrive in the UK without emailing them first?

D. :D

Fox said:
Ah yes, Omp how could I forget about 25% Lait Frais d'Anesse Bio? Crème de la crème of all shave soaps!

I did send them an email in both English and in French, (dodgy French) unfortunatly they did not reply, so I didn't think it safe to just order. Omp do you know if its good to just order from their website and the goods arrive in the UK without emailing them first?

Sorry Darron, I didn't order mine direct. I picked mine up from Planete Rasoir in Paris.
It was only when I got back that I found it online (at about half the price I paid for it!).

I guess I could order via Paypal and reverse the payment if nothing shows after a couple of weeks. Might give this a go, thanks Omp.

Omp said:
Fox said:

Sorry Darron, I didn't order mine direct. I picked mine up from Planete Rasoir in Paris.
It was only when I got back that I found it online (at about half the price I paid for it!).

Fox said:
I guess I could order via Paypal and reverse the payment if nothing shows after a couple of weeks. Might give this a go, thanks Omp.

Omp said:
Fox said:

I bought a couple of pucks direct from the website no problem, got a free sample of the ASB (very nice btw) and their hand soap. The soap sold through the website is actually 100g of 30% milk rather than 190g of 25% from Planete Rasoir.

I did a review over on Reddit... http://www.reddit.com/r/Wet_Shavers/comments/2dbuef/review_la_savonni%C3%A8re_du_moulin_savon_barbe_30/

romat22 said:
Fox said:

Omp said:
Fox said:

I bought a couple of pucks direct from the website no problem, got a free sample of the ASB (very nice btw) and their hand soap. The soap sold through the website is actually 100g of 30% milk rather than 190g of 25% from Planete Rasoir.

I did a review over on Reddit... http://www.reddit.com/r/Wet_Shavers/comments/2dbuef/review_la_savonni%C3%A8re_du_moulin_savon_barbe_30/

Thank you romat22, this is great, yes it's not very clear their website and if you blinked you would never see this which I hope is what one gets when purchasing, especially at that price. http://www.la-savonniere-du-moulin.com/l-ane-au-masculin/129-savon-barbe-alu.html

I believe they do different shave soaps, with indeed higher amounts of Donkey Milk in them., but this is the one that stands out from the crowd IMO.

Back
Top Bottom