News on Wickhams 1912 shave soap

Sweet baby Jesus in the manger!! You've got to be kidding me!! :eek: First, Shulton in India reformulates and then this!! For the love of all that is holy, is nothing sacred anymore? :(

You have to make this in a hard soap as well as a version of the old Yardley that so many lament in passing.
Having snagged an Imperial Trevor to add to 3 pucks of vintage Imperial you-know-what, a hard soap Spice Trade is definitely next on my wish-list - you know you need to make it ;)
I reckon the Trevor is spot on btw, incl. the pot :)

Reactions: Fox
While I enjoy all aspects of being a shaving enthusiast my biggest weakness is the enjoyment I get from buying and trying artisan soaps for both the quality of the lather and the many different different scents that have now been added to my morning shave. I suppose I am just reacting to 20+ years of using the same brand of Gillette shaving foam!
Since joining TSR a couple of weeks back this is now the third UK based artisan soap maker that I didn't know about before that I have become aware of. I just love the fact that these soaps are being made in the UK to such high quality. I am really looking forward to trying 1912 but in the meantime, think I have to buy some Spice Trade because a traditional Old Spice-esque is one scent I have been looking to add to my collection for a while now. My first ever shave involved a bic disposable, an old spice shaving stick and a lather with the same consistency as you would use to wash your face. Needless to say it didn't work out well with the resultant multi nicked redness causing my father much amusment and the wise words " I think you needed to build a better lather" as my right of passage. Anyway thanks for your hard work Darron and I look forward to tying out your soaps real soon.

While I enjoy all aspects of being a shaving enthusiast my biggest weakness is the enjoyment I get from buying and trying artisan soaps for both the quality of the lather and the many different different scents that have now been added to my morning shave. I suppose I am just reacting to 20+ years of using the same brand of Gillette shaving foam!
Since joining TSR a couple of weeks back this is now the third UK based artisan soap maker that I didn't know about before that I have become aware of. I just love the fact that these soaps are being made in the UK to such high quality. I am really looking forward to trying 1912 but in the meantime, think I have to buy some Spice Trade because a traditional Old Spice-esque is one scent I have been looking to add to my collection for a while now. My first ever shave involved a bic disposable, an old spice shaving stick and a lather with the same consistency as you would use to wash your face. Needless to say it didn't work out well with the resultant multi nicked redness causing my father much amusment and the wise words " I think you needed to build a better lather" as my right of passage. Anyway thanks for your hard work Darron and I look forward to tying out your soaps real soon.
I started off with a few, I'm now at around 22, it may be more but I haven't counted yet, Wickhams is easily in my top 5 soaps, club cola is my favourite, I also acquired a new tub of Dandyism and that smells incredible

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Fox
Had the absolute pleasure of meeting Darron today. I live not far from him, and went up to buy a tub of Spice Trade. We had a great chat, and Darron was also kind enough to put some 1912 and Imperial my way! Will be shaving with the 1912 tomorrow, Darron is so enthusiastic about the future of this, alongside Super Smooth. Really looking forward to seeing what he has planned for his ranges.

Nicer bloke you couldn't wish to meet, and he is somebody absolutely determined to give people the best soaps etc they can get.

Had the absolute pleasure of meeting Darron today. I live not far from him, and went up to buy a tub of Spice Trade. We had a great chat, and Darron was also kind enough to put some 1912 and Imperial my way! Will be shaving with the 1912 tomorrow, Darron is so enthusiastic about the future of this, alongside Super Smooth. Really looking forward to seeing what he has planned for his ranges.

Nicer bloke you couldn't wish to meet, and he is somebody absolutely determined to give people the best soaps etc they can get.
Well, he's doing a great job, soaps are fantastic!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom