News on Wickhams 1912 shave soap

Fox

@theymademedoit That Kraken razor is superb! I've had a good nose at the maker's site and I think I'm going to be in for one. I don't "do" DEs, but when I did I was partial to a bit of slant action and it'll be nice to support this fellow is his simple, cheap and cheerful venture - it's certainly put a smile on my face :D

Like you @Gordy the Postman brought me a tub of Wickham's - it's Dandyism, thanks to @HugoRune and now completes my collection of the classic Super Smooth range. Bring on the new range @Fox!

In 6 to 8 weeks time, keep an eye out over at Connaught shaving supplies. You need to be looking for a new soap called Aromashave, it's a joint effort with Paul and Wickhams, and will only be sold through Connaught. It was a project we both started a couple of years ago and we now believe we have formulated a soap that will give all the other soap makers a run for their money. To say we are both very excited about this project and soap would be a slight understatement. We have spared no expense with the ingredients and packaging as we believe this is the way forward in keeping hold of good customers. All scents will be blended essential oils of the uttermost quality and the price will be kept very low to compete with other soap makers and to give the shaving community a great product at a great value. Really pleased that we both picked this project back up and are very near to market.

The 1912 hard shaving soap is also in line after Aromashave for the market, and is expected to be around 16 weeks away form being available through the Wickhams website. The soap is currently receiving slight tweaks in the formula and the label is going through a redesign. So far I have nailed 4 exciting scents out of 6 for it.

These 4 scents are being formulated by one of the oldest perfume houses in the UK, 2 of which were used in shave soaps from the 1950's - 70's, and manufactured/retailed here in the UK. Although I have been granted exclusive rights to use the scents it has been stipulated that I am not allowed to make connections with the brand names or company. So it may become a slight guessing game as to which companies used them. My inquisitive mind and persistence really paid off and I think shavers are in for a treat... I am still pinching myself that I managed to achieve obtaining the rights to them and persuade the perfume house to start make them again for Wickham Soap on such a low scale. Just hope you guy's think the 1912 soap is deserving. Right back to work!

Blessings Darron :)

Hi JohnnyO most soap has glycerine in it, it's one of the products from the saponification of fatty acids. Though the commercial soap makers like to draw this off and sell it to cosmetic companies to be used in other cosmetic products like makeup and moisturising creams, etc. Though I'm sure you meant to say extra glycerine added to the soap. And I'm sorry to half disappoint you, but I don't like to add extra glycerine as there is normally enough in the soap after the alkaline hydrolysis of the fatty acids. But that said I can still promise you that there will be glycerine in the soap. ;)

Sorry for the enabling MrK1. I don't have much, so far planned for 2017 so maybe a better year for you then. I will of course provide this forum, who help give birth to Wickham with a discount voucher code to use at the Wickham website.

Every blessing,
Darron

Last edited:
@Fox Maybe you should change the thread title from 'Moved from Acquisitions 1st Feb - 29th Feb 2016' to something like 'News from Wickhams' or something. It puzzles me (and maybe others) every time I see it :D:D

Reactions: Fox
@Fox Maybe you should change the thread title from 'Moved from Acquisitions 1st Feb - 29th Feb 2016' to something like 'News from Wickhams' or something. It puzzles me (and maybe others) every time I see it :D:D

Good idea and now done, thanks for the heads up and suggestion.

Sounds great. Any hints as to the new scents planned? Are they woody? Citrus? Or interesting combinations?

Hi Damian I'm not the greatest at describing scents on cue as it takes me a great deal of time to get a true feel for each scent to then become creative when writing the descriptions, but I will do my best for you.

So far for the 1912 I have what could be called a herbaceous scent that has a slight medicinal note to it, I imagine Scottish Heather when I smell the scent. I have another scent of the same family that has slightly more complex notes to it. The other two are very different in that one has an oriental feel and slightly reminiscence of frankincense, I believe that this could turn out to be a signature scent for this soap and it's the one I have been using for the last 4 weeks, totally fresh and a very traditional shaving soap scent. The last is slightly fruity with a pinch of pineapple, very masculine with leather notes and a faint smokey tinge to it, it reminds me slightly of Creeds Aventus which is what appealed to me.

The essential oil blends for the Aromashave are still being tested in the soap at present and have not been agreed on for use, the only thing I will say is the blends are very simple with refreshingly clean notes. Things like Lavender, Spearmint, Nutmeg and Orange are being used in blends.

As soon as we have decided I will post it up in this forum thread Damian.

Every blessing,
Darron :)

Thanks for the info Darron. I know what you mean, it's hard to get a feel for what they smell like from words too. I just try and compare to things I already know.

Reactions: Fox
Back
Top Bottom