News on Wickhams 1912 shave soap

Also received mine this morning, and I must say, as far as my nose recalls this is Classic Old Spice pretty much nailed on. I tried the Soap Commander version of Old Spice & it wa nowhere near close to this. Great job, I'm now off to take her on her maiden voyage.

Also received mine this morning, and I must say, as far as my nose recalls this is Classic Old Spice pretty much nailed on. I tried the Soap Commander version of Old Spice & it wa nowhere near close to this. Great job, I'm now off to take her on her maiden voyage.
Very interested to hear how this performs differently

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

As I mentioned yesterday, I was shaving with the 1912 this morning...and I have. So, what's the verdict?

If anybody would say to me "Bill, what's your ultimate go to soap?" I would say, from the ones I have tried and own, Barrister and Mann Latha. I know, without doubt, that I would get a faultless shave with that one, with great lather. After the first go, I'd say that 1912 has a good chance of rivalling B&M (and this is a genuinely honest opinion). Got a faultless, lovely, creamy lather without any problems at all, which gave me enough for my usual three passes, and I also had enough to do my head as well (am a daily head shaver). Lather was slick, and my Merkur 3Progress glided over my face with no problems, no nicks, and my face feels lovely, loose and smooth.

Darron is still finalising the packaging, so I won't post a photo up, suffice to say that its really nice, minimalist but classy

Looking forward to see Darron's full plans, and I'll definitely be buying some more of this when it comes out!

I had my first shave with Darron's soap this morning - I decided to go with Spice Trade over Imperial Trevor, (which will get a run out on my next shave), in the end - and I can only echo the sentiments of PompeyBill in respect of my own shave experience. After loading my brush I filled my Woodhead scuttle full of great smelling, creamy lather with no trouble at all. The lather felt good on the skin and provided cushion and slickness, so much so that I did something I hadn't done before and had a four pass shave! Post Shave, I was left with a lovely smooth feeling, with no tightness whatsoever. I am definately very impressed, have been left with a very good first impression and can see me adding a few more of Darron'soap to my collection.

I forgot to add before giving the tub of Spice Trade to my 76 year old father and without showing him the lid or giving him any sort of prompt, I asked him what he thought of the scent from my open tub. His first words to me were "that's Old Spice" and I reckon he should know as he would have used a bucketload of the stuff back in the day.

Very interested to hear how this performs differently

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Well let me start by saying that I was apprehensive about purchasing beforehand, as I'm now pretty much only really interested in tallow based soaps, as in my experience non tallow does not deliver the glide or cushioning that I enjoy. Ive tried a few vegan soaps and they've all left me wanting, particularly Soap Commander which gets rave reviews on the U.S forums but is distinctly average in my experience.
However, this is much, much different, I can honestly say the performance of this soap is up there in terms of glide & slickness with most tallow soaps I've tried, but the most remarkable aspect is the post shave. Zero irritation, and no tightness or dry skin, which was evident after the first pass, so much so that I didn't use any post shave, is a first for me. The scent during the shave is quite subdued, but it's still evident & is definitely lovely, lovely Old Spice.
Really looking forward to Imperial Leather/Trevor now.

I had my first shave with Darron's soap this morning - I decided to go with Spice Trade over Imperial Trevor, (which will get a run out on my next shave), in the end - and I can only echo the sentiments of PompeyBill in respect of my own shave experience. After loading my brush I filled my Woodhead scuttle full of great smelling, creamy lather with no trouble at all. The lather felt good on the skin and provided cushion and slickness, so much so that I did something I hadn't done before and had a four pass shave! Post Shave, I was left with a lovely smooth feeling, with no tightness whatsoever. I am definately very impressed, have been left with a very good first impression and can see me adding a few more of Darron'soap to my collection.
I find the same, the lather is that inviting! I just have another pass for the enjoyment

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'll sort one tomorrow

a3763c809d8b8b180716bee7468d6a4f.jpg

9cebbfb55facdc182410d1648a2389c7.jpg

a9a2eb5f4df2ff0a3fe37d09a05f9afb.jpg

So I used the above amount, first picture of lather is around 10 seconds and the other is 30, I didn't want to waste much so I've just used that amount to show you, the more you lather it just over flows, a little airy but I think I was being tight on how much I used haha

Back
Top Bottom