News on Wickhams 1912 shave soap

Proto-lather meaning using too much water to start with?
Not sure, Carl. The soap was wet from a brief pre-soak but water had been drained from it. The brush (synthetic) was near dry. The soap just seemed to want to produce a bit of froth at first. I just knocked it down into creamy goodness and all was well. Water here is very soft which might have caused the soap a bit of initial enthusiasm.

I don't want to hype this stuff up too much, but I just had my Saturday afternoon shave with the 1912 citrus-musk and WOW is this stuff amaze-balls! The aftershave is good (needs menthol) but the lather quality was out of this world.
There is a menthol version in both this scent and the Scottish Heather. Once I have resolved the issues with the labels, I will start rolling them out. :)

Oh yeah! labels! Lovely side labels for which many thanks. Might they say 'Wickham's' as well as the flavour, please, Darron - and be applied in line with the top label - a little thing and assuming they are applied by hand. No need to be precise but exact would be OK.

So I have just received deliver of the whickhams Club cola shaving said to be discontinued!
Using it for the first time reminds me more of refresher sweets with the smell
I really like this soap does what it says on the tin super smooth!
Anyone else used this product and is it worth stocking up on it or wait for the new releases?

Reactions: Fox
I received my cache of Wickham's a couple of days ago and decided to give the first one out of the box a try this evening. Citrus musk was the result of my lucky dip and I have to be honest and say that I bought this one more to have a complete set of the released 1912 soaps because I am not that into citrus scents. All I can say how wrong was I to doubt! On opening the lid I was pleasantly surprised but it was when I began lathering that, for me, the real beauty of this scent came to the fore so much so that it has immediately gate crashed my favourite scents.
The performance of the soap itself was sublime and I can only echo the sentiments of those who had the opportunity to try the 1912 range prior to its general release and encourage you to give it a go if you are considering trying it out. Add the matching post shave splash and, as you may be able to tell, you have one very happy camper!

Gentlemen it gives me great pleasure to announce the next 1912 scent release is now available. Limited stock available so be sure to get yours now from;
www.w-soap.co.uk
www.connaughtshaving.com
www.bobbyshave.com

Parma Violet: Prepare to rediscover your memories of Parma Violets. This concoction combines floral notes with a dry wood base to deliver a scent that is both simple and strong. Unique in its sweetness, Parma Violet makes for a refreshing change to the daily norm.

My Parma Violet arrived today and really looking forward to using it in the morning. You have absolutely nailed the Parma Violet scent Darron - I love it

My Parma Violet arrived today and really looking forward to using it in the morning. You have absolutely nailed the Parma Violet scent Darron - I love it
I received mine too this morning! If the performance is as good as the fragrance we are in for an absolute treat! Thanks Darron

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom