News on Wickhams 1912 shave soap

I have a question:

Couple of days back I purchased a tub of "Southsea Spray Super Smooth". Is the above "1912" line with improved formula (as compared to the one I purchased)?

And if so, is the difference in the performance significant?

I basically set out to try the soap for starters, but it would be good to know where both products/versions stand.
1912 is a hard soap formula. It takes slightly longer to lather. But quite frankly the lather is worth it. Post shave feel is stunning.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

e200a9d464f02a09737d6969fe181138.jpg

Ooopppps

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
What the diddaly. How'd you manage that?

Reactions: Fox
Check the website - 1912 is the new line. It really is quite something and the scents that I've tried are stunning! Even the Club Cola that I know from the Super Smooth line is like it's on steroids!

So, what do we know?

Russian Leather (above)
Classic 24 (above)
Cashmere (as used by @Darkbulb )
Unscented (as used by @FrankieG )
Club Cola (one I've used)
Parma Violet (another I've used)
Citrus Musk (yes another ... and my favourite)

The soap is apparently an old formula but boy is it modern! It's super-slick, super-cushioning, feeding without being mushy or tacky, washes off well, washes out of brushes easily (even with cold water), lathers in a synch ... and scents are really quite something.

We're in for a treat!

Meanwhile, @Fox has a thread asking for testers for a V2 formula for the Super Smooth line, so fingers crossed there's an even better Super Smooth coming with hopefully some, if not all of the scents we know and love from the first formula.

No, he's really onto something with the 1912 line - it's traditionally modern. You'll see when you use it folks. Really something!

Check the website - 1912 is the new line. It really is quite something and the scents that I've tried are stunning! Even the Club Cola that I know from the Super Smooth line is like it's on steroids!

So, what do we know?

Russian Leather (above)
Classic 24 (above)
Cashmere (as used by @Darkbulb )
Unscented (as used by @FrankieG )
Club Cola (one I've used)
Parma Violet (another I've used)
Citrus Musk (yes another ... and my favourite)

The soap is apparently an old formula but boy is it modern! It's super-slick, super-cushioning, feeding without being mushy or tacky, washes off well, washes out of brushes easily (even with cold water), lathers in a synch ... and scents are really quite something.

We're in for a treat!

Meanwhile, @Fox has a thread asking for testers for a V2 formula for the Super Smooth line, so fingers crossed there's an even better Super Smooth coming with hopefully some, if not all of the scents we know and love from the first formula.

No, he's really onto something with the 1912 line - it's traditionally modern. You'll see when you use it folks. Really something!

I'm also using Russian Leather and Classic 24. They are all amazing.
The 1912 line is where it's at!

Club Cola: Little beats a morning hello from a smiling, tail-waggling pup. Club Cola is exactly that; a punchy citrus orchestra of bergamot and neroli with a lively, sparkling foundation of caramel and vanilla.

Citrus Musk: Infused with exotic flavours from the Orient, Citrus Musk combines the unique scent of Murraya flower with smoothly intoxicating musk undertones for a sharp, citrus burst.

Scottish Heather: Evocative of a highland vista, Scottish Heather is a crafted blend of lush green grass with restorative notes of anise and a hearty woody base to cool and calm the senses.

Russian Leather: Inspired by the much-loved scent of Imperial Leather, the floral and earthy notes of this composition evoke nostalgic, comforting memories for a soothing start to the day.

Classic 24: With the essence of a 50s barbers shop, Classic 24 is a fruity, leather fragrance for the modern, classic man. With an uplifting blend of rich elements, this scent embodies style, confidence and independence.

Cashmere: Like a walk through the woods, Cashmere is a timeless tapestry of basil leaf, elegant white patchouli and dry oak moss. A soft and comforting fragrance, Cashmere is an addictive scent that will leave you calm and content.

Parma Violet: Prepare to rediscover your memories of Parma Violets. This concoction combines floral notes with a dry wood base to deliver a scent that is both simple and strong. Unique in its sweetness, Parma Violet makes for a refreshing change to the daily norm.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom