New Nanny's hard shaving soap

I've just seen this and am also one who received the Cedarwood & Vetyver in two (or was it three?) days.

The scent is kind of hard to get used to, in a sense, and I just cannot feel the Vetyver being there or perhaps this is just me and I need to give it more time (which I will). Have shaved with the soap three times last week, I like it's soft texture, its lathering ability, its cleanliness and I happen to find it to be an average to good performer in the after shave moisturizing section.

Nonetheless, I am eager to wait for buying more scents of Sharon's new hard soaps, there's something special about them, they are highly friendly for the skin (as all her products), offer very good slickness and the scents are freshy.

Regarding Sandalwood I have Sharon's version, older pre-soft soap batch, yes it is totally different to any other Sandalwood out there, it is far less edgy than all yet remains quite deep in scent, showing an unusual maturity. Re Andy's comment on Taylor's Sandalwood, which he has made before, I got that recently to try and also bought T&H's version yesterday here at their boutique. The Art of Shaving one still remains my faborite scent, I also got to sniff the CF version at the F&M dept store yday, that's nowhere near as good as their Lavender or Lime.

In any case, Sharon's soaps are unique in many aspects, most of which relate directly to critical properties affecting a shave. In addition, they are made of good ingredients and continuously being developed which leads to solidly getting better and better, while being well priced and at the same time not being produced in an automated plant line.

N_Architect said:
I've just seen this and am also one who received the Cedarwood & Vetyver in two (or was it three?) days.

I also got to sniff the CF version at the F&M dept store yday, that's nowhere near as good as their Lavender or Lime.

What's doin K,

Believe it or not, that soap reached me in Chicago in 3-4 days. I told Sharilyn to give the mailperson a healthy tip for Christmas.

There's a forum member I know who just loves the CF sandalwood cream. I don't know if you remember what a big deal it was when that stuff was finally released after a bunch of delays. Yeah, CF wanted to tweak the scent juuuuust right, and this is what resulted.

To my nose, it's smells mostly of fresh dirt and mushrooms. More than a few people like the scent, but this is one product you don't wanna try a blind buy with.

Martin

You guys are over the horizon by now on this new hard soap line that comes from Stourbridge. Me? I just received my new travel tin with a beautiful linen wrapped soap puck enclosed; a glorious burst of Bergamont & Coriander filled my home office when I first opened it up. I wonder what soap I will be using with tonight's shave? Very happy with this Sharon - as well as for your other 12 containers in my shave shop. This one makes the grade for my new shaving travel kit. Might have to shave earlier though ...

All the best, Rob

I'm chiming in with another endorsement for the bergamot and coriander. A cake arrived this morning, my first foray into the hard shaving soap world and I have to say I'm very impressed.

On the technical side I obviously haven't got much to compare it too, but even with my slightly lacklustre lathering capabilities I got enough healthy lather for two r41 passes. Plus it left my skin nice and happy, so I guess... user friendly?

The smell is what it's all about here and I am completely, completely sold. For a start I bloody love earl grey, so a cup of jing earl grey in the shower (don't knock it 'til you've tried it) paired with this is perfect. That was at 9 this morning, a full day at work later and I've still got a trace of it left. Compare to the scent of my salter's almond cream that barely lasts on the brush.

Recommend giving this I try. I'll be getting it again.

So! It's been that long since I gave this wonderful concoction a go?! In a recent trade with Steve, I was presented a linen wrapped puck of Sharon's Lavender hard soap. I also got a Tubby in the deal; finely. SHOWTIME.

We've all been there but Sharon said she wanted to know how I felt about this soap and after giving it a quick sniff I can't wait to give it a go with a face lather.

And I'll not try the Lavender just yet. Deep storage for now.

B&C all the way. I would recommend getting the large stainless container for storage and travel for these large pucks. Tough for the road.

Have a good one

Regards, Robert

Back
Top Bottom