New Maseto brush

I dont think 6 hairs from a knot can be regarded as a shedder surely? If it was shedding 6 hairs per shave then yeah its a shedder like a Simpsons I had. It started out losing one or two then it ended up like Telly Savalos.

Mine is losing 6 hairs each shave, used the brush again today and another 6 hairs had to be fished out of my lather.

If I'd dropped £100+ on a Shavemac and it was losing half a dozen hairs per shave, then I would have sent a message to Bernd. So I figured I'd do the same with Nick at Maseto. Nick was prompt and hassle free to deal with.

I couldn't stay away from it. I've test lathered again the 24 mm finest Maseto with the DR Harris Windsor soap. I've loaded a lot and still had bad lather.
I then tried again, this time loading even more and I've noticed that the brush splays a little bit, just enough to create a sort of a bald spot in the center. I thought that the spot might limit the soap loading, so I began loading the sides of the knot. This is the result with a few drops of water:
6dade84e6a0dc8f57c2636546d88b863.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I couldn't stay away from it. I've test lathered again the 24 mm finest Maseto with the DR Harris Windsor soap. I've loaded a lot and still had bad lather.
I then tried again, this time loading even more and I've noticed that the brush splays a little bit, just enough to create a sort of a bald spot in the center. I thought that the spot might limit the soap loading, so I began loading the sides of the knot. This is the result with a few drops of water:
6dade84e6a0dc8f57c2636546d88b863.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Is the brush new? In my experience new badgers eat lather until they're broken in.

Back
Top Bottom