New Maseto brush

No worries Wayne I liked the ones I had before when they were LS...just was on a bit of a brush purge at the time.
I wouldn't be bashing them I think they are phenomenal for the price point! Looking forward to it arriving!
I know mate. It wasn't aimed at you it was just a general post to inform people who haven't had one and are expecting a miracle brush to arrive.

A synth brush is normally easier to work with than a badger just for fun test the same amount of soap and compare the outcome with differents brushes.
That is exactly what I have done. I've loaded both the badger and the boar the same amount of time I was loading the synthetic. Also, I was squeezing all of the water out of the brushes prior to loading. After reading a little bit more I will load the boar and badger fairly wet.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I recently received my 24mm 2b finest. My experience of badger brushes is limited to Simpsons, a SOC and some no logos. I can not fault the efficacy of the brush, I find it an excellent performer. To me, it is less dense than a Simpson Duke 2 (Best) but has similar back-bone and face feel. The knot when dry feels crispy and synthetic to me, indeed it feels more synthetic than my plissoft synthetics or should that be less natural? However when wet and loaded the tips feel soft. I prefer the scrub and back-bone of a large boar but the Maseto allows me a change of pace - a luxurious, soft tipped massage. As many have said before they really are very good brushes, that they are also terrific value puts a smile on this wet shavers face.

Last edited:
Had one of those but the crispy when dry is gone maybe because after each shave I whip the brush over my fingers vigorously 30 or 40 times to get rid of excess water? Crispy or not I enjoy using it.

Back
Top Bottom