New Maseto brush

I dont think 6 hairs from a knot can be regarded as a shedder surely? If it was shedding 6 hairs per shave then yeah its a shedder like a Simpsons I had. It started out losing one or two then it ended up like Telly Savalos.

Yes I do. I'll post it, one thing I will say while I find it though i that there isn't much difference in size and a travel brush it isn't. Pic pending.

Seeing as you've conditioned it, try a quick clean as deep as possible into the knot with your fingers with shampoo again until everything is squeaky clean. Give it another thorough rinse with warm (not too hot) water. Get a nice soft soap from your collection rather than the DR Harris Windsor, and try again. Make sure the knot is nice and damp/well soaked prior to use, make sure you load heavy this time. Let us know your findings. :)
I've rinsed and shampooed the brush. I chose Spitfire soap which is not as hard as Windsor. I took a blob out of the sample puck and smeared it in the bowl. It was too much soap. I had to remove some of the lather as it was flowing out of the bowl. The result was peaky. It had tiny air bubbles. I suppose they are normal. What do you think?
18aa0983417c31acf709d8a020d1fb9a.jpg
c410762a52ca1f5a6dac951841772ed6.jpg
e25a998a1acdc227fec68dd6b71c2847.jpg
f3ca4f874773ba8fc5e9ae3d4e37c51b.jpg
d36d75962824e2c526426039910d788a.jpg
7da45cff9d7721ac7674c12b21efee08.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I've rinsed and shampooed the brush. I chose Spitfire soap which is not as hard as Windsor. I took a blob out of the sample puck and smeared it in the bowl. It was too much soap. I had to remove some of the lather as it was flowing out of the bowl. The result was peaky. It had tiny air bubbles. I suppose they are normal. What do you think?
18aa0983417c31acf709d8a020d1fb9a.jpg
c410762a52ca1f5a6dac951841772ed6.jpg
e25a998a1acdc227fec68dd6b71c2847.jpg
f3ca4f874773ba8fc5e9ae3d4e37c51b.jpg
d36d75962824e2c526426039910d788a.jpg
7da45cff9d7721ac7674c12b21efee08.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Nothing wrong with that lather at all.

Just bought one.. @wayne mattison it was your picture of the two knots.. that persuaded me..oh and my lack of restraint! :D
Whilst they are great brushes people must remember they are not Shavemac's nor M&F or Wiborg etc. You are getting a decent Badger brush at a bargain basement price. The hair is every bit as good as the hair used in those expensive Artisan brands but the attention to detail just isn't there, £40 is double the cost of just the shipping from the U.S and that is for the full brush. Even post from Germany comes in around 15 Euro. So when you get a Maseto you are getting a good brush but you must remember the cost before bashing them because they aren't up to the quality of the others mentioned. The other £60.00 or more usually goes on the perfect forming of the knots and the meticulous combing to make sure every last loose hair from the knot is out before shipping. Of course you may loose a hair or 6 that doesn't make them shedders. Shedders lose 6 hairs or more every time, constantly until they eventually fall apart.
You also will not get robotic quality duplicate knots, all mine are slightly different regardless of size. My 30mm knots are different in size and shape as are my 24mm's. I'll happily live with that as they are used for shaving and do that job admirably. If you cannot cope with these slight foibles then you should save a few more pennies and buy one of the better Artisan brushes although the extra money may not guarantee perfection. I know they aren't perfect, if you are looking for your first Badger brush though then you can do a heck of a lot worse.

Whilst they are great brushes people must remember they are not Shavemac's nor M&F or Wiborg etc. You are getting a decent Badger brush at a bargain basement price. The hair is every bit as good as the hair used in those expensive Artisan brands but the attention to detail just isn't there, £40 is double the cost of just the shipping from the U.S and that is for the full brush. Even post from Germany comes in around 15 Euro. So when you get a Maseto you are getting a good brush but you must remember the cost before bashing them because they aren't up to the quality of the others mentioned. The other £60.00 or more usually goes on the perfect forming of the knots and the meticulous combing to make sure every last loose hair from the knot is out before shipping. Of course you may loose a hair or 6 that doesn't make them shedders. Shedders lose 6 hairs or more every time, constantly until they eventually fall apart.
You also will not get robotic quality duplicate knots, all mine are slightly different regardless of size. My 30mm knots are different in size and shape as are my 24mm's. I'll happily live with that as they are used for shaving and do that job admirably. If you cannot cope with these slight foibles then you should save a few more pennies and buy one of the better Artisan brushes although the extra money may not guarantee perfection. I know they aren't perfect, if you are looking for your first Badger brush though then you can do a heck of a lot worse.

No worries Wayne I liked the ones I had before when they were LS...just was on a bit of a brush purge at the time.
I wouldn't be bashing them I think they are phenomenal for the price point! Looking forward to it arriving!

Back
Top Bottom