New Forest Silvertip

I ordered one, after using the 2201 two banded finest, it was no brainer for me to order the new New Forest. This was from my SOTD of today:
"Wow, now we´re in business! New Forest lathered like mad this morning and I´m pretty sure it´s my fault the two previous times it didn´t :oops:. I shaked the brush to hard earlier, this morning I only hold it with the hair down and lowered the brush down three times and stoped. I was rewarded with tons of rich nice slippery Nanny lather :D. "

French Blade:

It was a very difficult thing to do my friend. But after all the sudden purchasing over the last 5 months (including 3 Toggles ... don't get me started) and having one hell of a good time doing so without even a drink in my hand. If a Ginko moves too fast, peripheral picks it up. My behavior modifier of 34 years went to RED ALERT! SWMBO thought something was amiss when she caught me high fiving the air, shouting yes, yes, I beat you, you SOB, after I won something on eBay --- several times which elicited a "Who are you talking to?" comment. Or a polite Holy Eff You Sea Kay!!! when an Eclipse went for over $312 in less than a minute and I was sitting on a 51 pound bid for 3 days. We finely had a "family discussion" and, as I didn't want to risk my fingers to freezer burn, I agreed to do it. It was you who wrote the post on talking to your girlfriend on why you send packages to total strangers etc. --- Well, I did some of that too with a few mates. Yes $30.00 is alot of money to spend on a postal package, but the goods must be delivered. Yes, I know you understand that. However. I just have to build a shaving warehouse like Blyth Spirit, tell her it's the work address, and be done with it. I tried to avoid confrontation by --- well --- coming home early from work to check on the mail --- that works only one time when you're caught because she finished her nursing presentation early and got the rest of the day off. First hints that a blood hound is on to your tracks is the mail box is empty, small cardboard packages from Florida, California, Ohio, England, Ireland appear on dining room table, "Who do you know in Kansas City named Julie and why did she draw little hearts on this package?" and my favorite, "why are you buying silly soap at your age?" And last but not least so I don't turn this into a novel ... "How many brushes do you need? You've never acted like this before Robert, $70 dollars for some plastic and a bit of hair?"

Do not use the smart ass line "I only need one brush, but I WANT more" it'll only get that brush into the Christmas wrapping faster, believe me. I've got two more brushes arriving maybe this week and a large package from Steve which will have to be taken off the truck with an 80 ton mobile crane. If I can get that into the studio without an intrusion alert going off I'll be fine. I can hear "You bought how many razor blades?" Christmas will be special this year as I will open my present from the Christmas exchange and someone will have put in there a tub of cream, a soap or a fine silly soap to break-in Fido's new brush and a D1 Gold Toggle. That Santa Claus fellow is a pretty nifty guy, but even he has the snitching elves (neighbors) and of course Mrs Claus to contend with. I did manage to take a picture of both the NF brushes together before the new guy got solitary confinement for 2 months. I've started to visit him everyday. R/Robert

I would like to see your wife's face when you open the package i sent you, i have never seen so many packs of blades in one box in all my life :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: OMG you will have to think fast !!!! ;)

Enjoy using them Robert, just wish i was there when you open the box....i hope the bruises heal quickly mate ;) .... ;)

Mikael said:
..."Wow, now we´re in business! New Forest lathered like mad this morning and I´m pretty sure it´s my fault the two previous times it didn´t :oops:. I shaked the brush to hard earlier, this morning I only hold it with the hair down and lowered the brush down three times and stoped. I was rewarded with tons of rich nice slippery Nanny lather :D. "

Thanks Mikael, I'm glad I read your post this morning, I've been struggling a little with my MWF and my wooden handled 2201, I think I've been removing too much water from it before hitting the soap.

2201-Wooden-Handle.jpg

Bearing in mind that my technique is questionable, does the New Forest Silvertip yield the lather easier than the 2201?

Best wishes,

Chris

Chris said:
Thanks Mikael, I'm glad I read your post this morning, I've been struggling a little with my MWF and my wooden handled 2201, I think I've been removing too much water from it before hitting the soap.

Bearing in mind that my technique is questionable, does the New Forest Silvertip yield the lather easier than the 2201?

Best wishes,

Chris

Thank you, MWF is notorious for being a little tricky re water/soap ratio though. Maybe you have another soap you can use? My 2201:s are broken in and lathers like mad, but a silvertip should be more generous re yielding. I think (Peter should know).

I'm one of those who finally gave up on MWF - not one of my brushes could do it justice (I mean my Simpsons, Rooneys Savile Rows etc!) As for the NF2201 just experiment and once you retain enough water in it you will get the amount and quality of lather you need. The Finest Silvertip is a different type of hair and will lather just as well. But there's no need to "upgrade" But as I always say, who wants to be governed by need?

I love the Fat!
It's my absolute favorite. When I tried the New Forest Silvertip with MWF I was expecting somewhat diminished performance from the Semogue boars that handle this product so well. I was quite surprised to see no decrease in performance from the Silvertip! The same mountain of lather as with my boar brushes..
So, the 2211 not only rules the creams... It rules da' Fat also!

Fido said:
...As for the NF2201 just experiment and once you retain enough water in it you will get the amount and quality of lather you need. The Finest Silvertip is a different type of hair and will lather just as well. But there's no need to "upgrade" But as I always say, who wants to be governed by need?
Hi Fido,

No need for an upgrade! That maybe so, but there might still be a need... a personal need, for variety or in case of sudden brush shortages or...

BlacknTan said:
I love the Fat!
It's my absolute favorite. When I tried the New Forest Silvertip with MWF I was expecting somewhat diminished performance from the Semogue boars that handle this product so well. I was quite surprised to see no decrease in performance from the Silvertip! The same mountain of lather as with my boar brushes..
So, the 2211 not only rules the creams... It rules da' Fat also!
Hi BlacknTan,

MWF has become my only soap, I guess I really should branch out and try a few others again. I even put off trying it because of the well documented lathering issues some people were having. So it's finding the right brush, and I think I may well have it in the NF2210, I just need to adjust my technique, and once I'm sorted I think it's a NF sliver tip next, your post has encouraged me. I wonder if a version will be available with a wooden handle?

Best wishes,

Chris

So what's the consensus on these brushes? I've heard nothing but good things. I'm aware that much of the badger hair comes from China regardless of what name you pay for. So is the here that you get a very high-quality brush for a reasonable price? If so, that is awesome!

How are they working out for owners? Thx

Back
Top Bottom