New Forest Silvertip

Mine arrived today. Initial impression is of a classy piece of kit. Full test to commence tomorrow :D

One query. Is it best to use a stand with these brushes to let the bristles dry hanging down, or rest it on the handle bristles up?

CMOT said:
Mine arrived today. Initial impression is of a classy piece of kit. Full test to commence tomorrow :D

One query. Is it best to use a stand with these brushes to let the bristles dry hanging down, or rest it on the handle bristles up?

This is something there are differing opinions about.

Take a look at this thread:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=308&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... 08&start=0</a><!-- m -->

Fido said:
My postmaster does the brushes in his lunch break to avoid queues bulding up when I visit! I remember that day well. He looked like Santa diving into his sack.

It's the stuff of village life.

LOL !

What's the main industry and population of your village ?

Andsomebodyspoke said:
Fido said:
My postmaster does the brushes in his lunch break to avoid queues bulding up when I visit! I remember that day well. He looked like Santa diving into his sack.

LOL !

Industry: Serving Peter's posting needs.
Population: As many people as Peter needs. The Post Office, for instance, has just had to ship in 'casuals' to cope with the overload.

:D

Andsomebodyspoke said:
Fido said:

LOL !

Sway is a village in the New Forest - a national park in the UK. Population 3000. No "industry". Most people work in towns/Cities about 5-30 miles away. Some travel daily to London - a train journey of 1hr 50 minutes.

Wasn't there a tv programme a couple of years ago about some bloke who retired and went to live on Dartmoor or somewhere similar and used to cook and eat roadkill?

If he's still around, perhaps there's a deceased-badger related opportunity?

Dermot O'Logical said:
Wasn't there a tv programme a couple of years ago about some bloke who retired and went to live on Dartmoor or somewhere similar and used to cook and eat roadkill?

If he's still around, perhaps there's a deceased-badger related opportunity?

Isn´t Fido retired?

Arrowhead said:
Andsomebodyspoke said:
Fido said:

LOL !

What's the main industry of your village ?
Badger poaching.

Strange ! - I would have thought that roasting would have been better.
Cue theme music : " The Pink Panther."

OnionNon said:
I've ordered one of these.

Any advice as to what, if anything, I should do to clean/condition before using?
It does come with instructions but,as Arrowhead says,it's fully 'housetrained' and requires very little effort to 'break-in'.
I was surprised how easy it was to face lather using this brush and Arko cream ( I was in a hurry!).
Very good value.
N.

Back
Top Bottom