New Forest Silvertip

The New Forest Silvertips just became available this afternoon. I missed ordering the 2201, although I purchased an extra from Fido along with the 2211..

I expect them both here soon, and I'm looking forward to putting them both through their paces and seeing how they compare to the current top dog, the Simpson's Ehsan.

Poor Fido will be down at the Post Office causing queues like you have never seen since the days of rationing. Mine is ordered as well so I think there will be plenty of discussion, at least on this forum.

I think he should go around 11.55 to cause maximum disruption to the working general public :lol: :lol: I know my trips to the PO here are coordinated with my arch nemesis who sells a lot on FleaBlag so we can block both windows at the PO on a regular basis to rile the crusty old fogies :ugeek:

Yeah I love doing that to, maximum disruption. They could use Direct Debit or go to a cashline but no "I know Annie so I go to the post office and pay my gas and lift money". A Post Office is for posting things to stupid old codger :lol:

Apparently it is the posting of parcels that is the measure of a viable PO these days. If it is too low they know everyone who goes for lifting benefit or paying bills can go to a cashline, DD or go to the bank. The woman in the postie is always delighted to see me and seems never to have an issue with how many I post. Once she told me just to leave her the bag of parcels and she worked through it in her spare time and I picked up my proof of posting and paid a few hours later.

Evil aren't we :twisted: I can usually hear the hips creaking in the queue behind me :lol:

Audiolab said:
Apparently it is the posting of parcels that is the measure of a viable PO these days....

Yup, it's sales of postage that count. More than once the postmistress has told "all yous buggers" (that's the crusties) to "bugger aff" as it's "people like this keeping your post office open by posting stuff in it". She also brought the mobile PO round when I did my back in and couldn't walk to the proper PO :lol:

On it´s way :. For me the "Fido" has been an eye opener, before I was happy to lather up with almost anything, now I use other brushes (like the Semogue 2000 and bodger) at times, but allways think that my "Fido" would have done a better job.

I'm pretty sure mine was fully housetrained when it arrived, but I did make up some lather with it before using it in anger. It seems to be a good policy to do this: it ensures a sweet smelling brush (huh: certain boars might need quite a few repetitions!) and dislodges any stray loose hairs. I'm very confident indeed that you'll be impressed with this little brush.

OnionNon said:
I've ordered one of these.

Any advice as to what, if anything, I should do to clean/condition before using?

When I get any new brush I just rinse it through in some warm water, swirl on a hard soap and do a bit of hand lathering before rinsing it through a couple more times. Then I use it as normal. I usually cannot resist trying it on my face straight away before wiping off the lather if I don't need to shave. Then I look forward to my first shave with it. Completely mad. Isn't it?

Mind you, I used to get even more excited when I bought a new cricket bat.

I recieved my Forest Silvertip.. so I had to play with it.. (I shaved last night, so no shaving)

I lathered it up using Williams Shaving cream in a tube. (it's one I never use)
Within 30s I had a lather explosion.. and the reason I stopped using the Williams was I couldn't get good lather out of it...

cdFeb.jpg

Fido, this is "da tits!" © Mikael

I'm glad I got in on this one.. but sad because my Simpson Beaufort B1 brush my feel abandoned now...

Cheers,

Max

Back
Top Bottom