New Forest Silvertip

Still (im)patiently waiting, expected tomorrow along with a few other things that should have arrived Fri or Monday. Seems it often takes an extra day to reach the sticks (a whole 25 miles from the city).

I know it is not you Fido, I ordered an item I know for a fact was shipped the same day you posted the brush, neither are here yet.

I bet a pound to a penny they all turn up together tomorrow.

I have the 2201 and have no doubts you will enjoy the 2211. If not is is such a good price that it is not a huge risk and it will sell, but somehow I can't see that happening, enjoy it CMOT and let us know your honest thoughts.

I've just received mine and couldn't wait to try it out, so after a couple of quick rinses i was off. This is my first silvertip purchase and i have to say that Fdio certainly hasn't disappointed. Great brush.

I know very little about brushes, for the last ten + years my WS boar was fine, or so I thought! When I was corrupted into parting with my money by this forum I bought a 2201 when it was released, and was so impressed as it was clearly all the brush I'd ever need. But clearly the 2211 was too good an opportunity to miss. Mine arrived this morning, after a cunning delay to ensure I was home alone ;) I gave it a quick lather with some Palmolive, although as mentioned above there was no need for this.

The brush held a lot of water, this was most apparent to me by it's increased weight over the 2201. The tips were lovely and soft too, I used Body Shop's Macca Root in my OS mug and the lather was effortless - I'm looking forward to trying it with some harder soaps soon such as MB's. Lovely to hold and use, this really is all the brush I'll ever need.

So whats next Peter? :lol:

quattrojames said:
I know very little about brushes, for the last ten + years my WS boar was fine, or so I thought! When I was corrupted into parting with my money by this forum I bought a 2201 when it was released, and was so impressed as it was clearly all the brush I'd ever need. But clearly the 2211 was too good an opportunity to miss. Mine arrived this morning, after a cunning delay to ensure I was home alone ;) I gave it a quick lather with some Palmolive, although as mentioned above there was no need for this.

The brush held a lot of water, this was most apparent to me by it's increased weight over the 2201. The tips were lovely and soft too, I used Body Shop's Macca Root in my OS mug and the lather was effortless - I'm looking forward to trying it with some harder soaps soon such as MB's. Lovely to hold and use, this really is all the brush I'll ever need.

Nice post James, I received mine today as well and am in the process of comparing it to the 2201. First impressions are - another great job by Peter! :mrgreen:

quattrojames said:

Interesting question because I noticed in Peter's blog he mentioned about the numbering system he is using for his brushes and he indicated that there is another surprise type of hair to come yet.

Although mighty tempted by this brush I refused due to my impending unemployment.

Hopefully I will be back in a job when his new brush comes out.

Used mine this morning and I'm very pleased with it indeed.

I'm no brush connoisseur, but I was most impressed by how dense the brush feels whilst still being incredibly soft.

The only other silvertip I have is the Frank Shaving one, and whilst I've always rated it, this one knocks it for six - particularly in terms of backbone/floppiness.

Mine turned up at work this afternoon. Pretty amazing if you know the story behind my order:

Upon completing the paypal transfer I realised I forgot to change the postage address to my work as I am hardly at home. I quickly E-mailed Peter to ask him to change the address. He replied that unfortunately my brush was already at the post office. To my surprise, a bit later Peter again contacted me. He informed me he had succeeded to dredge up my parcel from the bottom of the brush pile at the post office and that he had changed the address as per my request!!

I had an inadvertent shave with it this evening, as I had planned to just do a few test lathers. But once lathered up the lather looked so creamy and thick that I just had to try a single pass shave. :roll: First impressions: More luxurious than the 2201, denser and softer and still more than enough backbone to face lather. I also get the impression the 2211 gives up the lather easier than the 2201.

Thanks for the great brush and even better service Peter!

Tigradekat said:
Mine turned up at work this afternoon. Pretty amazing if you know the story behind my order:

Upon completing the paypal transfer I realised I forgot to change the postage address to my work as I am hardly at home. I quickly E-mailed Peter to ask him to change the address. He replied that unfortunately my brush was already at the post office. To my surprise, a bit later Peter again contacted me. He informed me he had succeeded to dredge up my parcel from the bottom of the brush pile at the post office and that he had changed the address as per my request!!

That's great customer service from Peter :)

Back
Top Bottom