New Forest Silvertip

I have been dead chuffed with the performance of both my New Forest brushes, but i was wondering with the Silvertip whether anyone else's loses hairs quite frequently? Easily at least one per shave.

Fido, do they calm down in their shedding? (There is clearly plenty more in the knott :lol: )

Cheers,

Among my collection of brushes, including the mighty Simpsons, the odd hairs are regularly lost. Vulfix say that it can take up to three months for a brush to settle down. As just about the world's biggest supplier, they should know.

Fido said:
Among my collection of brushes, including the mighty Simpsons, the odd hairs are regularly lost. Vulfix say that it can take up to three months for a brush to settle down. As just about the world's biggest supplier, they should know.

I wasn't having a dig Peter, honest, i was just wondering whether you had experienced this too - which you have :lol:

As i said, i am really impressed with both of the NF brushes i own (and await your next venture with baited breath...and a PayPal account waiting :D )

Cheers,

AJP said:
I have been dead chuffed with the performance of both my New Forest brushes, but i was wondering with the Silvertip whether anyone else's loses hairs quite frequently? Easily at least one per shave.

Fido, do they calm down in their shedding? (There is clearly plenty more in the knott :lol: )

Cheers,

My 2211 lost hairs the first few shaves, as many of my brushes have.

I've been using my New Forest brushes almost exclusively, and neither sheds a hair anymore.

Just digging this topic back up...

My 2211 has been very lonely sitting for months in a travel tube until this evening.
I've been using one of Fido prototypes I got off BST a while back in Pure.
It has been my daily brush for at least 3-4 months, and loving it.

However tonight I thought I'd give the 2211 a run, since it's a lot smaller.

Damn!!! I forgot how soft it was! I've now put the pure in the travel tube, and probably taking that one with me to barcelona this week. (the jury is still out on DE vs. Straight for this holiday...)

So yeah, silvertip is great, really noticed the difference tonight!

Max

A couple of days ago I received a NF finest silvertip, this is my second, the first being a 2211, this new one has a slightly bigger loft and an alternate ivory handle. I have used the brush a couple of times now and it compares very well to the 2211 lovely and soft but with enough backbone to face lather with pleasure. I really do like the material that the handles are made from, they look really nice and I especially like the shape of this handle, it works well for me. I can thoroughly recommend this brush to those who have not tried a New Forest brush, excellent quality at a fantastic price and Fido always provides great service. :D

Attachments

• ST.jpg
    ST.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 77
Adrian said:
A couple of days ago I received a NF finest silvertip, this is my second, the first being a 2211, this new one has a slightly bigger loft and an alternate ivory handle. I have used the brush a couple of times now and it compares very well to the 2211 lovely and soft but with enough backbone to face lather with pleasure. I really do like the material that the handles are made from, they look really nice and I especially like the shape of this handle, it works well for me. I can thoroughly recommend this brush to those who have not tried a New Forest brush, excellent quality at a fantastic price and Fido always provides great service. :D

FIDO! FIDO! FIDO! :D Seriously though: great guy and great brushes!

Fido said:
Watch out. I'll be seeing you in August!

Erhh, yes, sorry, I got a carried away. Don´t forget to bring a table and we set up shop outside the store that treats us the worst and if Sharon comes we´ll have ourselfs a brush/soap stand :D :lol:

Back
Top Bottom