New colour design - Black Badger Brush

Hi Paul
This is a blank I make for pen making but can be cast in any size I call it Midnight Reef, this blank is made with a pigment colour rather than a Pear colour powder.

I have a Cobalt Blue in the workshop but this is an opaque colour whereas the powders give the highlights in the resin

http://www.ukpenkits.com/Pen-Blanks/Pen-Blanks-25mm-diameter/Pen-Blank-25mm-Midnight-Reef

these colours below are the pearl type this stuff gives the highlights effect in the blank just like the Orange Earthy blank, as you can see the colours are endless, my new supplier makes them up for me.
I'm just about to order some new colours from this range, look great don't they

There are a few more colours than these.

themadremmy said:
Hi Mervyn not in a position to buy until the end if the month but I was wondering have you a blue resin similar to Simpsons cobalt? I would love an L7 shape in cobalt. Do you have a list of prices and knit options?

Thanks Paul.

Ayeeee! How about a Guinness effect with pink instead of white and Regal Purple swirled. Hot Pink might be a bit much - is there a paler pink, Mervyn?

What shapes other than L7 and the Stubby do you do, please?

I feel a third brush coming on!

mervyncadman said:
Hi Paul
This is a blank I make for pen making but can be cast in any size I call it Midnight Reef, this blank is made with a pigment colour rather than a Pear colour powder.

I have a Cobalt Blue in the workshop but this is an opaque colour whereas the powders give the highlights in the resin

http://www.ukpenkits.com/Pen-Blanks/Pen-Blanks-25mm-diameter/Pen-Blank-25mm-Midnight-Reef

these colours below are the pearl type this stuff gives the highlights effect in the blank just like the Orange Earthy blank, as you can see the colours are endless, my new supplier makes them up for me.
I'm just about to order some new colours from this range, look great don't they

There are a few more colours than these.

themadremmy said:
Hi Mervyn not in a position to buy until the end if the month but I was wondering have you a blue resin similar to Simpsons cobalt? I would love an L7 shape in cobalt. Do you have a list of prices and knit options?

Thanks Paul.
I love the darker blue colour in the bright set.

Bechet45 said:
Ayeeee! How about a Guinness effect with pink instead of white and Regal Purple swirled. Hot Pink might be a bit much - is there a paler pink, Mervyn?

What shapes other than L7 and the Stubby do you do, please?

I feel a third brush coming on!

LOL Morning Carl I have a flamingo pink, image below is a 25mm blank this can be made in any size blank.
Regarding profiles other than the L7 and Stubby again (that's) another choice you have as all my brushes are turned freehand, I quite like the shape I done with this Ivory colour handle I think it was around 70mm long with a bell type profile but as I say any shape is possible as long as its round.

Ivory and Black resin I love the shape of this brush with the extra length in the handle.

A rather superb piece just arrived this morning.

Looking at all the scrumptious new colours Mervyn's shown us, and thinking about the combinations, I don't think I've drooled as much since I gazed upon the multicoloured ice creams and sorbets at Marine Ices in Chalk Farm (as a boy, that is).

Colour selection should keep me busy this weekend. If there's any trouble from the other half, I'll just remind her about the hours spent choosing humdrum stuff like paint and wallpaper.

Ratty said:
Melvyn,
Put me down for a Black and Ivory brush please - that is a stunning piece!

Ratty

Thanks guys for the feedback, just received a good order of Black Badger knots all 26mm, Ratty will start making yours over the weekend on the same design as the image shown I will keep you informed of its progress I will also PM you with the full cost including shipping.

Mervyn

Mervyn received my 6 Muhle synthetics knots today. I've given him free reign on 5 of them, can't wait to see what he comes up with.

bigdunc said:
can you do more than 2 colours mervyn ??
think i would fancy a traffic light handle if you could !!'

Thanks guys! A traffic light handle shouldn't see why not I could do that in three equal coloured segments a bit like MPH had with his Norwich City colours but with Red-Amber-Green if thats what toy are asking Dunc would look great in the Pearl colours

Merv

jb74 said:
Mervyn received my 6 Muhle synthetics knots today. I've given him free reign on 5 of them, can't wait to see what he comes up with.

Thanks John, I love it when I have a free mind to do what I like I will be trying some of the 16 new colours I got today as soon as I have made them I will be posting Johns (JB74) brushes on this thread guys, I may even try a three colour combination.

While I'm on here I will also mention that today I have been working on making a mould for a cast to make shaving bowls that will be matching with most of the brushes that I make, over the next few days I might have somthing to show you guys.

By the way just love those synthetic knots John.

Mervyn

Back
Top Bottom