New colour design - Black Badger Brush

irh77 said:
That is a really good looking brush. Do you have any more available?

Hi yes as I do because I cast them all the time there always in stock, PM me with your order and email address, I'm just about to go into the workshop now and get some more blanks cast.

What I forgot to mention is I have two size knots available.
As follows:

26mm knot Black Badger L7 profile = £28.50 + postage = total £32.00 UK

24mm knot Black Badger L7 profile = £27.00 + postage = total £30.00 UK

Will post rest of the world please ask for a quote on shipping

PM me with your order on knot size, Thanks guys!

Mervyn

Wha burst the ba said:
Oh YES very nice. Is there an explanation as to the making of The blanks?

Thank you, if you mean how are they made as in how they are cast ready for turning i will explain what they are mad from.

The shaving blanks as with all my blanks are individually hand cast using a high grade Polyester Resin with coloured pigments or a glitter type powder added to the cast once the hardener has reacted with the resin this then starts to set and 24 to 48 hours later these are ready for turning again these are hand turned on a lathe to the desired profile, sanded and highly polished on three moping systems its then that knot is set into the handle, I only set the knots in once the brush has been sold.

I hope that helps

Best regards Mervyn

Hi IRH last week you replied on a topic of mine regarding a custom brush. I'm working through the orders and wanted to know if you still want to buy one of my brushes.

24mm or 26mm knot

Best regards Mervyn

I have just received my 26mm version of this brush. I can honestly say it is a great knot, gave me three good passes from one swirl of simpsons cream. Great backbone and would make an excellent bowl brush and the handle is spot on. This is right up there with the big brands as far as I'm concerned....highly recommended and imho I don't think you will get better for these prices.

MPH said:
Looks great! But I prefer the "Norwich City " brush you are making!!!! ;-)

well here it is,I have just set the knot in place so once this has set it will be on it's way I hope it will bring you luck with Norwich FC going up in the ranking.

Merv

Very nice work indeed but the colour of the resin rod is not for me. Clearly I'm in the minority though. You do make lovely things, Mervyn.

bigdunc said:
do you have any ebony blanks you could turn into a l7 brush for me pls

Hi I tend to stay clear of turning wooden brushes because of the water aspect and is an awful lot of work to seal the wooden blank from water but thanks for the enquiry

Mervyn

bigdunc said:
think i might have asked for the wrong blank
iam after a black resin l 7 style or a really mad wayout of the park resin
blank
dunc

Hi Dunc ok not a problem how mad do you want to go, I can turn the L7 profile in whatever colours you like - if you want mad! what about Orange and green pearl colour like the image here but in Green and Orange...just a thought you think of two colours and I can make it.

Imagine this in green and orange

Regards
Mervyn

Mervyn,

Question -

I have a bunch of brand new Muhle synthetic knots that I never got around to using - if I were to send them to you would you be able to create handles for them?

I'm in Ireland and would ship the knots over to you so you measure them up first and proxy them in when the handles were done. I'd be looking for the supply of handles, setting the knots and return postage.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers
John

jb74 said:
Mervyn,

Question -

I have a bunch of brand new Muhle synthetic knots that I never got around to using - if I were to send them to you would you be able to create handles for them?

I'm in Ireland and would ship the knots over to you so you measure them up first and proxy them in when the handles were done. I'd be looking for the supply of handles, setting the knots and return postage.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers
John

Hi John yes I can do that no problem what colour handles are you wanting and what profiles, L7 in Guinness Effect or a range of colours.
Regards Mervyn

Back
Top Bottom