Closed Muhle R41 Razor COMPLETE

RE: Muhle R41 Razor

Yeah, I forgot I was on this list, I've got too much on at the moment - I'm just out of hospital and I don't have time to give it a try. I don't think it's likely I'll come back to give it a shot in all honesty, I'm fairly keen on settling on one razor to use and varying as little as possible so I can hone in on an excellent daily shave. Once I have that mastered for months I may look again. I do, however appreciate the offer!

Just had a shave - nice and easy, no drama. Pretty efficient, true, but overall not a match for a slant (efficiency wise - close, but comfort factor isn't there), although it may just get better after some getting used to.
Not sure I'd buy one, but hey ho, we'll see :) Anyway, one more shave and off it goes to the next member!

It does get even better with practice H, although I think you're probably right that it's never going to match a slant comfort wise. R41s will always feel literally edgy to me.

Greetings

The pass around R41 is at present with the last person on the list who had said they wished to try it and I believe he will be finished with it in the next few days or so.

Is there any body else who would like to give it a try?

Regards
Dick.

I had totally forgotten about the lending pool and I was about to post a WTB R41 thread until matt told me one was on here. I'd be grateful if I could try it after you NNathwani?

Muhle R41 Razor

The R41 arrived today, thanks Helveticum. I'll use it for a few days then send it to simmo3801.
Thanks, Dick, for the opportunity to use the razor.

Muhle R41 Razor

Used the dreaded R41 just now and came through unscathed......well almost.....tiny wee nick on my chin but nothing to worry about. I was pretty much crapping myself about using this and my first pass was the lightest of touches with the grain. A quick wash proved that maybe I was using too light a touch as I was still quite stubbly. Went XTG for next pass.... all good, then feeling brave I went ATG using the lightest of touches and came through quite smooth. I've applied Alum now and it's quite burny but face feels pretty smooth. Quite like the razor but I feel it needs a lot of concentration and time so probably wouldn't suit me. It looks the bollocks though. I'll maybe use it once more then pass it on later this week.

Back
Top Bottom