Joined the Gang

... a Treet? I thought it was a GEM ;) I've got my coat ... Taxi!

Great! That was the Featherweight, yes?

Treet, by the way, made single edge blades for these kind of razors. In the latter days, the Treet brand was used to release a razor which was a bit of a mish-mash of patents (presumably about to expire to being renewed); it was a 1912 head with a Clog-Pruf comb on a GEM Parade handle. Not a bad razor, actually, but most definitely designed by committee.

... a Treet? I thought it was a GEM ;) I've got my coat ... Taxi!

Great! That was the Featherweight, yes?

Treet, by the way, made single edge blades for these kind of razors. In the latter days, the Treet brand was used to release a razor which was a bit of a mish-mash of patents (presumably about to expire to being renewed); it was a 1912 head with a Clog-Pruf comb on a GEM Parade handle. Not a bad razor, actually, but most definitely designed by committee.
It is a Featherweight.Its heavier than I thought it would be

DSC_0245_zpsnwsfbwnz.jpg

The Featherweight is a very underestimated SE..The Gem G Bar or Heavy Flat Top is its Full Metal Jacket Elder Brother so to speak..The Gem G Bar doesn't get enough Air Time either..Its a Real Beautiful Razor..:)

Billy

Last edited:
Excellent fun.
So, did you try the USA and the UK 1912?
I shall beat someone to it who will suggest the MMOC and the Clog pruf.
(Micromatic)
I rather liked the MMOC.
I haven't tried the 1914 yet. (I got distracted by injectors.)
Now I haven't a clue which I like best. I was trying them again with shims in the appropriate place.
Then I was pondering using the original blades and Billy started talking about that too.
So, now I will need to try them with those too.
There just aren't enough shaves in the week.
Glad you are enjoying it.

Excellent fun.
So, did you try the USA and the UK 1912?
I shall beat someone to it who will suggest the MMOC and the Clog pruf.
(Micromatic)
I rather liked the MMOC.
I haven't tried the 1914 yet. (I got distracted by injectors.)
Now I haven't a clue which I like best. I was trying them again with shims in the appropriate place.
Then I was pondering using the original blades and Billy started talking about that too.
So, now I will need to try them with those too.
There just aren't enough shaves in the week.
Glad you are enjoying it.
The 1912 I have is the UK version. I haven't tried the US counterpart. Although from what I have read, there are subtle differences between the two in how they shave. Also I haven't tried any GEM's at all!

Having joined the gang a few weeks ago; managed to pick up a 1914 & a 1919 for £4 each. Used the 1914 for the first time today. Initially I was anxious about the blade exposure. Looked a 'mare! However, what a wonderful close shave. Not sure I would say aggressive, but certainly extremely efficient. Only 1 weeper to show for it too. Certainly been bitten by the SE bug. The 1919 will be next up. Sure I have read somewhere that will be a tad more aggressive

Back
Top Bottom