Joined the Gang

I'd love to enable you Nishster, however F/Billy is pretty much spot on for me. When I started with a straight I used to use it on my cheeks and neck, SE on my upper and lower lip areas. Couldn't quantify the feel of the shaved areas exactly, however nothing quite feels like the velvety surface the straight has passed over.

JohnnyO. o/
Velvety! I'm going to be using that one :)

Picked up this fella for a few pounds off an antiques trader. No info about the razor, Other than its an Ever Ready, Made in England.

Is there enough info in these photos for someone to ID? Not sure if there isuploadfromtaptalk1455731542039.jpgmuch variation in these mass produced razors, to warrant different models etc.

uploadfromtaptalk1455731505217.jpguploadfromtaptalk1455731509824.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1455731516381.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1455731516381.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 10
Thanks Billy monkey avoided :)

Oh don't write yourself off just yet, Nishy .......... I have but the one injector and a couple of 1912s which, to be fair, don't get much of a run out..... But the Schick sees a fair bit of action. You can pick one up on Fleabay for buttons, so it's not going to kill your wallet to grab one to try.

The shave from them is altogether different to a DE shave ....... There's no give, no blade chatter ........ just a steady and unbending mowing down of stubble. I use the Personna blades and they seem to be just fine for me, but there's always a few levels of higher quality I can still push to should I feel the need. I'm a little surprised I like it so much, seeing as there's practically no weight to the bugger.

Picked up this fella for a few pounds off an antiques trader. No info about the razor, Other than its an Ever Ready, Made in England.

English made Ever Ready 1912..o_O

Circa mid-1930s through 1940s.

Classic! Probably the best of the 1912s. British, certainly so when compared to American made 1912s; mid-1930s was a good time for quality and consistency. Use it and enjoy it!

Circa mid-1930s through 1940s.

Classic! Probably the best of the 1912s. British, certainly so when compared to American made 1912s; mid-1930s was a good time for quality and consistency. Use it and enjoy it!
Thank you very much. For £5, I certainly hope to enjoy the shaves! Been on the look out for something different - this is also my 1st vintage razor!

Great! What a way to discover vintage! One thing you'll find with the 1912 is the noise. It's like buttering toast, shaving with a 1912. After a few shaves you will use that noise to determine the perfect angle. Get onto Connaught Shaving and get some blades in ...

Super! Got blades? Crack on ...

Now, the Featherweight (as this razor is commonly known) is widely regarded as being mild. Mild, perhaps. Do not read that as incapable. This razor will whisk off a week's growth from a chap resurfacing from man-flu without pausing for breath - one pass and another to tidy up. It's capable.

Have fun :D

If you like it, there's also gold washed with tipped handles as well as a rarer one with a dark olive green (almost black) handle. Available as GEM, Ever Ready & Star with both the heavier cap as you have and a lighter cap. Perhaps the lighter caps are the mild ones folks refer to?

Quite surprised how clean and tidy it is,picture does not do it justice.Got to ask are the blades reversible
Not sure what you mean by that..I always use them face up as they come out the Dispenser..If you have a shave with them & change side it can be a Harsh shave because you have altered the edge..In short..They are Not Reversible..If you take the blade out your razor after a shave always put it back side up you had the previous shave with..:D

Billy

Back
Top Bottom