Is there a better soap than Mitchell’s Wool Fat Shaving Soap?

I cycle through various soaps; hasslinger (nice) and Razorrocks dead sea (lovely smell) ones are some I've recently finished. But every time I go back to Mitchell’s Wool Fat, it's just great!

Always lathers nicely, smells good, nice shave and doesn't set my skin off!

If I have a bad shave with it, I've just added too much water. A bit more brush work in the puck and everything is dandy. And to top it off, it's cheap and last ages!

I cycle through various soaps; hasslinger (nice) and Razorrocks dead sea (lovely smell) ones are some I've recently finished. But every time I go back to Mitchell’s Wool Fat, it's just great!

If I have a bad shave with it, I've just added too much water. A bit more brush work in the puck and everything is dandy. And to top it off, it's cheap and last ages!
A question that can only be answered by yourself, if you think there is no better soap than MWF then there is no better soap! :)

Paul.

I often choose MWF when I know that I want a dependable Shave.

It certainly has many devoted fans. I have too many soaps but somehow have not yet tried The Fat (forgive me for I have sinned!) I could not stick to one soap, I enjoy the variety of scents too much (as opposed to seeking the Holy Grail).

What does it actually smell like? Somehow I have formed the impression it's unscented lanolin but I guess not if you say it smells great? I will have to get some at some point just because.

What does it actually smell like? Somehow I have formed the impression it's unscented lanolin but I guess not if you say it smells great? I will have to get some at some point just because
To be honest, I don't think it has a smell... At least nothing noticeable. I would always recommend trying it as it's one of the cheaper options!

The Brotherhood of the Fat grows once again...

Yes, I am a fan of the Fat, it's my favourite soap by quite some margin. I love the smell, lovely lather and the post shave feel is the pick of all the soaps I have owned.

I have too many soaps but somehow have not yet tried The Fat (forgive me for I have sinned!) I could not stick to one soap, I enjoy the variety of scents too much (as opposed to seeking the Holy Grail).

What does it actually smell like? Somehow I have formed the impression it's unscented lanolin but I guess not if you say it smells great? I will have to get some at some point just because.

I think the Fat has a mild soapy smell, it's quite a mild/inoffensive scent. I wouldn't recommend the soap to someone who wants a strong scented soap. I really like the way it smells, but it's an issue of YMMV...

Back
Top Bottom