"How many razors do you need" ??

49er said:
So what one is it that you have, and where does your willpower come from?

Sorry, but I only have a cartridge razor (Fusion ProGlide) :shock: - mainly because I shave my head as well as my face and found cartridge razors to be the best tool for the job and couldn't be bothered to use two razors for the same shave, I also have a fear of my kids (future grandkids) getting hold of loose blades and doing themselves a mischief.

As for the will-power? I realised that craving new razors and hoping to get better and better results was taking up far too much of my precious time and energy so I went back to shaving as I was before I discovered these forums - without really thinking about it.

Very "Buddhist", I suppose.

I no longer feel any attachment to the products I'm using, or the process of shaving, or even the end result. I've stopped shaving every day too. I just shave when I can be bothered.

Probably need one. But what to go for? Personally I like to learn and appreciate the characteristics of a lot of different razors. There isn't a 'best' razor for me - I like to chop and change too much!
Merkur 38R
Merkur 39c slant
Parker 91r
Gillette Flare Tip Super Speed 1955
Gillette Tech - English, fat handle
Gillette Tech - Canadian, fat handle, gold, 1953
Gillette Slim Adjustable
Edwin Jagger DE89
Gillette Slim Twist (but can't find it!!!!)
Yuma
Weishi 2300m
Some cheap plastic ones from vintage travel sets

I also have a Rolls Razor from 1951 with 6 additional blades but don't really get on with it so may sell (still thinking about it)

On order: 1960 Fatboy, W11 Wismet

Hmmm...

Let's see...

3 Gillette Slims (how did that happen?)
Feather AS-D1
Feather Popular TTO
iKon Bulldog OC
English Gillette Fat-handled Tech (thanks, JamesUK)
English Alu Tech (thanks, Sunburyboy)
Gillette New (replated)
Gillette Bar-handled New
English 7 O'Clock New
EJ DE89
Bob's Razor Works Handle with EJ89 head (and sometimes a New head)
Gillette Old style OC

forgot to mention the Rolls...

...and the Weishi...

and a Merkur Slant on the way...

:oops: :oops:

Hmm... perhaps I'll need to have a cull at some point?

Thing is, I find each one rather interesting, even if I don't use it much.

9 currently, soon to be 11 I suspect.....

A 37C, a Schick and the remainder are vintage Gillette's.

Plus I guess the Fusion Pro Powerglide thing is still in the wardrobe, unused for nearly one year now!

joe mcclaine said:
49er said:
So what one is it that you have, and where does your willpower come from?

Sorry, but I only have a cartridge razor (Fusion ProGlide) :shock: - mainly because I shave my head as well as my face and found cartridge razors to be the best tool for the job and couldn't be bothered to use two razors for the same shave, I also have a fear of my kids (future grandkids) getting hold of loose blades and doing themselves a mischief.

As for the will-power? I realised that craving new razors and hoping to get better and better results was taking up far too much of my precious time and energy so I went back to shaving as I was before I discovered these forums - without really thinking about it.

Very "Buddhist", I suppose.

I no longer feel any attachment to the products I'm using, or the process of shaving, or even the end result. I've stopped shaving every day too. I just shave when I can be bothered.

Thank you. Interesting. Buddhism as a philosophy is very attractive.

sunburyboy93 said:
kev... said:
Back down to one again!! :D

Not for long though!! :oops: :roll: :mrgreen:

;) ;), you still need to promise to treasure it until the day you day, until you do i'm not sending it !! :lol: :lol:

I promise till the day you day !!! lol :lol: ;) :mrgreen:

kev... said:
sunburyboy93 said:
kev... said:
Back down to one again!! :D

Not for long though!! :oops: :roll: :mrgreen:

;) ;), you still need to promise to treasure it until the day you day, until you do i'm not sending it !! :lol: :lol:

I promise till the day you day !!! lol :lol: ;) :mrgreen:

look i have been up since 05:00 i am allowed the odd mistake :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(and i'm deffo not sending it now !) :D

3 at the moment.
Superspeed - first de purchase
Slim adj - birth year razor
EJ DE86 - recent birthday present

Although I may let my dad have the SS so he can start DE shaving again.

Hmm, I promised my wife to stop when I got 10 razors, so something went wrong.
Let's see:
Gillette fatboy x2
Fatboy executive
Slim adjustable
Super adjustable, 1 long handle, 1 short handle
Rocket HD
Flare tip rocket x2.(one was my dads)
Red tip super speed
Black handle super speed (has to go)
40ties super speed
Milord
NEW Standard
NEW bar handle short comb
NEW windor set
NEW ball end long comb
Single ring
Gem pushbutton
Ever ready peerless
Schick g5 injector
Lunawerk Slant
Edwin jagger de89l
No name french old type clone

I'm waiting for a Gillette Criterion and a new standard tuckaway to be delivered.

Marcel said:
Hmm, I promised my wife to stop when I got 10 razors, so something went wrong.

Hi there,

You seemed to have picked up a small acquisition disorder from somewhere. Quite a good selection of the more popular razors there. That list of yours made me smile.

Excellent (said in my best Montgomery Burns voice),

Martin

Oh, I especially liked all those adjustables in your arsenal. Not to enable you of course, but I didn't see your Toggle listed. Yeah, if you don't have one yet, your wife might not like yet another razor in the house if you get one of those. Best thing would be selling your superspeed so you don't make her upset at all.......

Here's a pic of an adjustable group that was intact until recently. Yeah, I recently sold a Slim and Super and haven't found a nice one to replace em with yet.

Attachments

• adjustables 002.jpg
    adjustables 002.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 35
Back
Top Bottom