How Many Brushes Do You Own?

mr..bean said:
I do like a fan brush. There, i've said it, sod it, I PREFER a fan brush!

What are the best fan knots out there then?! Enable me!

Morris & Forndran and shavemac. These guys make the best knots in all ranges IMO.

3 in my rotation: an EJ 19mm in best, a vilfix 404, and a New forest 1901 two band. The EJ I got when I started, the 404 I got just after from advice off here, and the New Forest because I wanted to try a good quality badger at a reasonable price. I like them all and have an erasmic brush and a bestshave one that I never bother using. The EJ doesn't get good reviews because it's very floppy but at 19mm I don't think it causes a problem and is good for a travel brush. I have no urge to spend money on expensive brushes, even if I could afford them, but fancy trying a synthetic like the Kent Silvertex but I'm holding off buying one because then I'd start look at Vie Long horsehair ones, and why would I need 5 brushes?

16 but only 5 are really in rotation

5 Rubberset 400s (Boar, Bests and Silvertips)
3 FS (26, 28 and 30mm Silvertips)
3 Odd ones (28, 30 and 31mm Silvertips and 2 Bands) from Etsy
1 Certifyd (28mm Silvertip)
1 Midas Pool Ball :)
1 Vulfix 38mm
1 Gilchrist & Dickinson Travel Brush
1 TSR Secret Santa 'Bespoke' 26mm Silvertip

And a couple of handles to restore too!

Ratty

6 at the moment with 2 more on the way , replacement for my Whipped Dog butterscotch which has a faulty knot (shredder ) and another boar brush with a gold leaf handle.

1. Restored brass handled bestbadger 18mm knot
2. Omega 49 Gold handle
3. Semogue Owners Special Edition 2012 25mm
4. Semogue Owners club finest badger 2 band cherrywood . 24mm
5. Whipped Dog Butterscotch 24mm
6. M&F Chief 27mm

Dipesh ANOTHER TWO! :)

The variety in the size of brush arsenal between members really is astonishing, one through to 60 odd!!

Well now I know why I have been feeling that I have slim pickins these days! I'm down to eighty-two brushes, the vast majority badger. I have six on order and a few ideas beginning to take shape. I don't count the whittled yew from Graeme as being on order but I live in hope as he did promise!

Oh! and a couple of dozen waiting to be re-knotted or restored - need to get off my fat ass and do something about them, but not today. I'm very busy snoozing and trying to work out a way of reclaiming my bedroom from Geetan, the cat.

Back
Top Bottom