How Many Brushes Do You Own?

D

Deleted Member 98532

I was browing a few threads this morning and came across a recent post about Horse Hair brushes in which on member claims to have in roatation no less then 23 shaving brushes by my calculation!!

This led me to wonder how many brushes do you all have in your rotations? Is 23 some kind of record or is this the norm?

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

I have 21 and they're a mix of different grades of badger, different grades of boar and synthetics. I use them with different software (boars with hard soaps, badgers with creams and synthetics with both).

Some people (cough, Dipesh, cough) will have a lot more and there's certainly room for more in my stash.

I am down to five but only regularly use two. Both hand-carved by myself: one in Ash with a 27mm boar Omega boar knot and the other in a decidedly dark Beech with a 24mm finest two-band from TGN. The others are two Vie-Long horses and a small Omega boar.

C'mon Carl, many have you got now - 60?

Tall_Paul said:
Some people (cough, Dipesh, cough) will have a lot more and there's certainly room for more in my stash.

20+ brushes and room for more?! You guys are definately dedicated to the art of wet shaving!!

Where's Dipesh? Would be interesting to hear just how many he has, and indeed if anyone can trump him! :)

Umm I have 2 both cheap 1 non descript bristle brush i got in my starter kit and my recently purchased vie-long horse hair brush which I love. I do plan to buy another vie-long brush in the near future.
Jim

Anywhere between two and twenty three at the moment then, interesting to see such a massive variation!

Still awaiting the arrival of Dipesh, I'm really curious as to how many he has now!

I've got

Vintage Culmak Badger (travel)
Lijun & 1980 Badger (creams)
Vintage Dux Boar (soaps and creams)
Vulfix 404 (everything)
Vintage no-name Boar (potential travel)

Seems plenty to me.

Uncle Bertie said:
I've got

Vintage Culmak Badger (travel)
Lijun & 1980 Badger (creams)
Vintage Dux Boar (soaps and creams)
Vulfix 404 (everything)
Vintage no-name Boar (potential travel)

Seems plenty to me.

Meh! You're nowt but a mere novice Bertie!! ;)

Re: RE: How Many Brushes Do You Own?

The Daily Male said:
Anywhere between two and twenty three at the moment then, interesting to see such a massive variation!

Still awaiting the arrival of Dipesh, I'm really curious as to how many he has now!

Give him a chance.
He is probably still counting them.

I have 3 a Muhle rtymo synthetic for bowl lathering of creams and a Semogue 620 for face lathering hard soaps. And an Omega 40033 with a Palmolive stick for travel.

You should check out Bilbo72's Simpsons collection thread.
I've got 3 in rotation with one more on the way. I have had a total of 13 since I started DE shaving though. Always thought I'd use just the one but there is so much variation in knots and hair types that I can't help wanting to try them out.

Back
Top Bottom