How do you take your single malt?

Has to be straight for me, though occasionally on hot night I may just go with a large ice cube, but that's more likely to be with Jack Daniels or a blended than a single malt......I am drooling at the thought of it.......I think sun may be above the yard arm come to think of it.

Neat.

Although having read some of the comments here I might try adding a tiny drop of water to see if it makes any flavours more accessible for me.

Fido said:
Fido said:
This thread produced a nice father's day gift this year:

And I'm enjoying a drop right now. Always at this time of day.

Cricket's on, sun shining, football later.

No work tomorrow.

I looked up Glenkeir Treasures out of interest Peter, which one that?

Jpshaver said:
I was also told that the water should be bottled and if possible as close to where the Malt came from. Maybe a little too much but interesting idea.

It's an interesting theory but much malt is bottled near Glasgow. The whisky itself is transferred from barrels to tanker at the distillery (I saw it with my own eyes at Caol Ila) and remains cask strength (60-65%) within the tanker... presumably the water that's added to drop it to ~40% abv is added in the Glasgow area... sourced locally.

Was an interesting half hour watching it happen mind you - as a number of different aged barrels were rolled out from the bonded warehouse, tapped and then the spirit "hoovered" out into the tanker. The many samples the bondman allowed me to have made it even better :)

antdad said:
Fido said:
Fido said:
This thread produced a nice father's day gift this year:

And I'm enjoying a drop right now. Always at this time of day.

Cricket's on, sun shining, football later.

No work tomorrow.

I looked up Glenkeir Treasures out of interest Peter, which one that?

It was from here:

http://www.whiskyshop.com/Shop/GlenkeirTreasures.aspx

And on the back label "The Speyside 13 year old."

And with the cricket going the way it is, I'll need an early drink today.

Back
Top Bottom