How do you take your single malt?

Same as Vinny, Glencairn glass with good tot of scotch.
Will add a touch of water depending on the scotch. My cask strengths get a good bit of water, my commercial bottlings get a tiny splash.
The water I am currently using is called "source" and they do a highland water, speyside water and Islay water. Got some samples at a whisky show, and I like it but wouldn't buy the stuff. Tap water is fine.

cruciate said:
Same as Vinny, Glencairn glass with good tot of scotch.
Will add a touch of water depending on the scotch. My cask strengths get a good bit of water, my commercial bottlings get a tiny splash.
The water I am currently using is called "source" and they do a highland water, speyside water and Islay water. Got some samples at a whisky show, and I like it but wouldn't buy the stuff. Tap water is fine.

exactly the same.

BraveBlades said:
haven't been able to stomach the stuff since i was "Educated" about over indulgence at the age of 16.

I had the same education but I eventually got over it after 30 years. The good news is that if you buy the good stuff it doesn't taste anything like the cheap stuff that I still remember, tasting twice :s all those years ago.

Neat at room temp. Still looking for an ideal glass; that Glencairn glass looks the business.

My Mum got me a 'dram' measure on holiday in Scotland. I tend to have about a dram and half in a lead crystal heavy bottomed glass.

Generally have it neat, but add a drop of water if I think it needs it (Glenlivet, for example).

Always neat first then I will try with a splash of water (if it's one I don't know) as the water can really open the flavours sometimes other times it will dilute and kill the drink for me surprisingly the proof factor will not affect if I put water or not.

Back
Top Bottom