Hello and how do!

Thanks @wintoid, I'm very pleased (and surprised) with the result.

A mysterious box was waiting for me this evening. I carefully cut open the top and as the delicate scents filled my nostrils, there could be no mistaking what was inside: soap!

@MPH's soap samples have arrived, all nine of them! He also very kindly included some packets of his favourite blades too which was a very nice gesture (on top of another very nice gesture).

Included in the box are samples of the following soaps & creams:

Professor Blighty - Voyager
Nanny's Silly Soap - Moroccan Sands
Stirling Soap - Sharp Dressed Man
TOBS - Coconut Cream
Wickhams - Sea Spray
La Toja
OSP - Neroli
Wickhams - Imperial Tonic
TOBS - Almond Cream

I'm going to enjoy working my way through these!

Regarding sterilization, the longest any virus or bacterium can survive outside a host is measured in months. Any germs on that razor died over 19 years ago.

Shave with it already!

I had a lovely shave earlier (see the SOTD thread) using some of the Nanny's soap sample I was very kindly given, and even though the shave was fantastic, the biggest difference, and the reason I'm posting at almost 3am, is how good my skin has felt since shaving. It's so clean and supple, it's amazing. I suppose that's the difference an artisan soap makes, for sure!

At long last, after a quick bath in surgical spirit, earlier this evening I used the old Gillette for the first time (details in the SOTD thread).

It's a fine performer and a joy to use. It feels and shaves quite differently to my Classic so will take a little getting used to but I like it. There's something about using such an old and well made razor that feels quite special.

At long last, after a quick bath in surgical spirit, earlier this evening I used the old Gillette for the first time.

It's a fine performer and a joy to use. It feels and shaves quite differently to my Classic so will take a little getting used to but I like it. There's something about using such an old and well made razor that feels quite special.
Hooray! At last! :rolleyes:

... and get yourself some Barbicide. Sooner or later you'll need it.. There is a whole world of vintage razors and pass arounds.

Aye, I'll no doubt pick some up at some point but I'm in no hurry - I have two razors that I'm nowhere near mastering yet and a whole world of software to explore. Good times. :)

Always a joy when patience is so well rewarded, pleased it worked out for you. They got the design right long ago, some are of the opinion it hasn't been surpassed but each to his own. I shall find out one day...

In the meantime, see how long it takes for the RAD bugs to bite.

Regards,
Chris

Back
Top Bottom