Have you found your best razor or are you still searching

it just could be the Gillette Guard. After 4 years of buying and trying and with over 30 razors in my collection I think I've found The One. It does the job with a minimum of fuss, it's cheap and effective.

My favourite DE is a Gillette Rocket Red Tip. I bought a few of them so I have a spare and a couple to pass on to my kids when they are older.

Though my most favourite razor that I use the most is the 1912 Ever-Ready SE.

Having recently acquired a 54 Rocket HD500 (from the UK) I have come to the conclusion that it not only meets the hype, but it has moved into the number #1 position in my rotation. Absolutely the smoothest most comfortable razor (I have) I've ever used. So much so, that I've also picked up a 49 Rocket, 50's Flairtip Rocket and yesterday on a stroke of luck - a Bluetip Rocket. IMV truly great razors.

It's my scruffiest razor by a long way (the plate has completely worn down to the brass on the cap and bars) but paired with a heavier handle, my 40's flat bottomed English Tech never fails to deliver, whatever the blade (within reason!). Close and comfortable each and every time.

I have just got into single edge shaving and absolutely love the Schick g6 injector that I got from fergiebilly. Very close and love the feedback you get from it.
I've recently fallen in love with injectors myself, namely a Schick G2 and a Schick N1. I would like to inspire everyone to keep an open mind and try these razors. The N1 in particular paired with a Schick Twin Blade is the formula racer of shaving. Exacting, fast, maneuverable...a joy! love smilie.gif
Edit: I would like to add here that men such as @Fergiebilly and @twhite510 are largely responsible for my new interest in injectors. They have been an invaluable source of knowledge and help to me and i thank them dearly. I'm currently on the East Coast Bunny Pass-Around and couldn't be more excited. Thank you gents for starting me on injectors and SE's! :)

Last edited:
I only have two razors but either the Merkur 34G or the Progress, coupled with the right blade gives me an excellent shave. They only differ on the time I put into it. I will probably get 2 more razors so I have 1 adjustable, 1 classic, 1 OC which is on its way and 1 slant. I think that will do for me..... having said that, I think I'd need a Merkur Futur too :rolleyes:

I only have two razors but either the Merkur 34G or the Progress, coupled with the right blade gives me an excellent shave. They only differ on the time I put into it. I will probably get 2 more razors so I have 1 adjustable, 1 classic, 1 OC which is on its way and 1 slant. I think that will do for me..... having said that, I think I'd need a Merkur Futur too :rolleyes:
You haven't shaved until you've tried SE and injector razors... and you need to try a straight razor...
There is always the Lending Pool. Try before you buy...

Back
Top Bottom