Have you found your best razor or are you still searching

Out of the ones I have, there are several which are "best". I'm still searching anyway. Just opened the door to the postman with 3x vintage SE razors. Not even sure what they are but looking forward to trying them out.

Part of the problem is that this is an exercise in control. So I like to feel like I got a good shave, and I am responsible for how good the shave was. Some razors (e.g. Alumigoose) make it so easy to get a good shave that it's almost boring, so they end up not being absolute favourites.

Out of the ones I have, there are several which are "best". I'm still searching anyway. Just opened the door to the postman with 3x vintage SE razors. Not even sure what they are but looking forward to trying them out.

Part of the problem is that this is an exercise in control. So I like to feel like I got a good shave, and I am responsible for how good the shave was. Some razors (e.g. Alumigoose) make it so easy to get a good shave that it's almost boring, so they end up not being absolute favourites.
This is the only reason I haven't sold the Wolfman yet, the S/S Goose is just so easy and efficient

gbs bakelite . this one is my spare
fxtiqs.jpg

cannot possibly convey how good this razor is. any blade,any soap-never anything less than a perfect shave.
i have two, still think another might be needed for security =)
also, probably the cheapest razors i own!

According to Waits' compendium G.B.S. is an unidentified Scottish manufacturer with a British design registration from ca. 1936. I looked into them once and found bugger all to back that up. Not that this means anything... :p
you got more info than i could find! it has a little arrow on the back of the head,like on MOD issue stuff, also has '44' in a little circle.
regardless of its origins, it is an excellent razor =)

There was also a white set which had two handle lengths. The longer handle was like 6 inches long or something.
Maybe one for Becket. :D I found an image of it by Googling the number on the base plate of your razor. There's also a thread on B&B about one from a MrClark or something similar, but I can't find it now.

Back
Top Bottom