Flavoured Vodka

Oh now I've discovered liquorice pastilles. I love liquorice and was looking for a treat but something a little different.

I purchased a mixed bag of them and wow. These are more a gourmet event than a simple sweet. They range from sweet, sweet mint, to salted and extreme salt. While the extreme salt is something very different I do like them. They shift from salt to sweet in the mouth.

323fd2d19b993b933e0bf508f3b49252.jpg

Apart from one they are all more or less a compressed powder tablet form rather than the normal chewy form of liquorice. Something very different. Du to the intense taste you only have a couple at a time and the flavour does linger in the mouth.

I shall be buying some of these in the new year!

Mate of mine used to put wine gums in a bottle of gin then seal it and put it in the dishwasher. According to him it melted the wine gums and made a lovely flavoured gin. Always meant to try it myself as I don't think it would work. Never did tho.

I'm very partial to "Irish Vodka" [emoji6]. A measure of peppermint cordial to three of the vodka and the lot put in the freezer for a bit. Freezes like a bitch until it hits the stomach ..... whereupon it hits you!

I'm very partial to "Irish Vodka" [emoji6]. A measure of peppermint cordial to three of the vodka and the lot put in the freezer for a bit. Freezes like a bitch until it hits the stomach ..... whereupon it hits you!

I think I might just have to try that one :)

Back
Top Bottom