Flavoured Vodka

I decided this year for Christmas I would try making flavoured vodka.

So here we have. Vanilla, using a bottle of M&S vodka and two vanilla pods, I just ran a knife down them to allow the flavour out.

And, Morello Cherry vodka. This time Tesco own label, not the basics, and cherries off my cherry tree. All I did was to get a bigger bottle, half filled with cherries and filled with the vodka. Then it was left for a month and then poured back in to the original bottle.

Trouble is its so tempting !

56b04566e8bbe454140df93e1b573233.jpg

used to do a skittles infused vodka and my favourite, remember those tutti frutti sweets yellow and orange striped wrapper i think, pink chewy thing, anyway that infused vodka is yummy. Your's look much more high end mind you!

used to do a skittles infused vodka and my favourite, remember those tutti frutti sweets yellow and orange striped wrapper i think, pink chewy thing, anyway that infused vodka is yummy. Your's look much more high end mind you!

Don't know about high end, just standard vodka cheered up. The vanilla pods were even on offer.

I do like a flavoured vodka. Before we move to Devon every Saturday home game (Southampton) me and my mate had a burger and pint and they had every sweet flavoured vodka you could think of. Trouble is they all had sediment in the bottom, not that pleasant.

The vanilla has infused very well and it's taken a good amount of colour. I'm thinking I'll take out the pods in a couple of days.

Sailors' Cointreau - two bottles of Navy Rum, drink one quarter of the first one, dissolve as much sugar as possible, stuff with as much orange peel as you can. Shake vigorously. Top up with sugar whenever you can over as many days as you can - the longer the better - using the second bottle to help resist temptation. Nectar!

I grew some cinammon basil last year and considered infusing that with honeycomb, you've inspired me to do this next year :)

Cinnamon, now there's an idea, I love Cinnamon. I did have so of the Smirnoff Cinnamon one year, the one with the gold flakes in. That was very nice. I've also had a honeycomb vodka, trouble with that one it as only 23 Proof, I like a good Vodka kick.

Cinnamon, now there's an idea, I love Cinnamon. I did have so of the Smirnoff Cinnamon one year, the one with the gold flakes in. That was very nice. I've also had a honeycomb vodka, trouble with that one it as only 23 Proof, I like a good Vodka kick.
Cinnamon is good I once had a cinnamon, lemongrass and chilli vodka shot quite nice you do the lime before as you would with tequila works best with grey goose.

Sailors' Cointreau - two bottles of Navy Rum, drink one quarter of the first one, dissolve as much sugar as possible, stuff with as much orange peel as you can. Shake vigorously. Top up with sugar whenever you can over as many days as you can - the longer the better - using the second bottle to help resist temptation. Nectar!

Stop it now !

That's too tempting, mind you I do have a near full bottle of navy rum !!!!!!!! Would be nice for Christmas. There's clementines in the fruit bowl too.

I could happily have drunk vodka back in the day and did in copious amounts but I always preferred gin. So flavoured gin was more my thing 'cept I never really got beyond the sloe berry stage. Still, sloe gin on a cold, crisp autumn afternoon - magic...:D

Back
Top Bottom