Flavoured Vodka

a482eadd5eb21e3c965c13d60e48d03a.jpg

Well it's looking good. I've been adding sugar and peel, as the sugar dissolves and the kids eat the clementines.

Carl

When do I stop ?

I dunno the answer to that ashore, Sean. We would empty the bottle before we arrived wherever and then start again. The rule was 'the longer the better' - sometimes a bottle would stew for several weeks. Sometimes.

We only ever used oranges - a manly sailor type fruit, prevents scurvy and all that. Does clementine peel have enough flavour, I wonder.

Keep going on the peel additions - and it looks like you've been test tasting it. The rule for that is top it up with rum.

Sorry, Sean - I wrote this yesterday but it succumbed to my annoying habit of not pressing the Post Reply button!

I'm weird, so my favourite is Salmiakki. Take about 150g of salted salmiak liquorice. Tyrkisk Peber is traditional, but other brands work just as well. Mix with a bottle of vodka and let the liquorice dissolve. Stir or shake occasionally - it will take several days. Brush you teeth with Marvis Liquorice tooth paste before going to bed for added liquorice goodness...

I'm weird, so my favourite is Salmiakki. Take about 150g of salted salmiak liquorice. Tyrkisk Peber is traditional, but other brands work just as well. Mix with a bottle of vodka and let the liquorice dissolve. Stir or shake occasionally - it will take several days. Brush you teeth with Marvis Liquorice tooth paste before going to bed for added liquorice goodness...

That sounds good to me. I quite like salt liquorice, must order some in before Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom