Favourite cheese

Nishy said:
antdad said:
Kashkaval? That's phonetically identical to how Caciocavallo is pronounced in Southern Italian dialect, there must be a connection.

Caciocavallo & Provlone are both favourites naturally, aged Comte or Pecorino, anything stinky.

Saint Vernier when passing Waitrose which is a young wine rinsed soft cheese with a bit of tang.

Boursin with pepper, is that technically a cheese?

Tony, after that short lesson in Italian cheeses, I can't honestly argue that Boursin is a cheese. Tastes good though!

Haha, actually I do quite like the original...Du pane, du van, du Boursin! Probably owned by Unilever.

Cheddar for me too. My current favourite is Lake District Cheese Co vintage cheddar, it's a lovely crumbly one where you get the salt deposits on the outside. Best of all, my father in law supplies them with milk so he gets the cheese dead cheap from the factory. :icon_cheesygrin:

I'm not a big fan of cheese, so I tend to stick to the milder Cheddar or Red Leicester.
Although I do like the Wensleydale with cranberries in it (yes, I am one of those heathens mentioned a few posts above).

Greetings

I don't think that I have ever tried a cheese I didn't like, obviously I like some more than others; Gorgonzola and St. Agur are probably my favourites.

I do love the Norwegian cheese Gjetost on waffles, it is so different and tastes like a hybrid between cheese and caramel!

Regards
Dick.

I get blotches with very strong cheeses such as cheddar so I go with wensleydale - which is a great taste anyway. When toasted cheese is needed it has to be cheddar and suffer the consequences.

I've never understood why the strong cheeses affect me more - it's all milk at the end of the day.

I learnt the other day that some common bread brands use chicken feathers to make their bread lighter and fluffier! And it's true!
Edam-made just got it

White bread gives me gas, cheese gives me blotches and Spanish onion goes straight through me - but I do like a nice cheese & onion sandwich - on white crusty of course.

And did you know that Trebor (sweets) is Robert backwards?

Back
Top Bottom