Favourite cheese

Good afternoon gents, just a fun question; what are your or is your favourite cheese?

I would go for boursin (black pepper cream cheese), roule (another cream cheese with chives), Inn keepers choice (cubed picked onions in mature cheddar) and strong brie.

What are yours?

Re: RE: Favourite cheese

Northam Saint said:
Boursin Pepper is one of my favourites too. I do like a strong cheddar, but finding one is sometimes hard. The supermarket "strong" ones aren't as strong as I'd like them to be.
Costco do a quality mature cheddar during Xmas time comes in a black wax coating will find the name later but strong and slightly citrusy.

Nishy said:
Shemen Zait said:
kashkaval for me
What is it similar too Shemen?
A bit like Dobrogea I suppose, read a bit more here www.igourmet.com/kashkaval.asp

Nishy said:
Shemen Zait said:
kashkaval for me
A bit like Dobrogea I suppose, read a bit more here www.igourmet.com/kashkaval.asp

A nice, mature cheddar, and I also like stilton occasionally.

What I dislike, is cheese with things like fruit added to it. "Stilton with apricots" for example. Leave the ***king cheese alone!!

Ian

Shemen Zait said:
Nishy said:
Shemen Zait said:
kashkaval for me

Nishy said:
Shemen Zait said:
kashkaval for me

Nice l like olives with cheese too

IanM said:
A nice, mature cheddar, and I also like stilton occasionally.

What I dislike, is cheese with things like fruit added to it. "Stilton with apricots" for example. Leave the ***king cheese alone!!

Ian
Totally agree on the fruit, chilli or picked onions on the other hand are delightful in cheese imo

Kashkaval? That's phonetically identical to how Caciocavallo is pronounced in Southern Italian dialect, there must be a connection.

Caciocavallo & Provlone are both favourites naturally, aged Comte or Pecorino, anything stinky.

Saint Vernier when passing Waitrose which is a young wine rinsed soft cheese with a bit of tang.

Boursin with pepper, is that technically a cheese?

antdad said:
Kashkaval? That's phonetically identical to how Caciocavallo is pronounced in Southern Italian dialect, there must be a connection.

Caciocavallo & Provlone are both favourites naturally, aged Comte or Pecorino, anything stinky.

Saint Vernier when passing Waitrose which is a young wine rinsed soft cheese with a bit of tang.

Boursin with pepper, is that technically a cheese?

Tony, after that short lesson in Italian cheeses, I can't honestly argue that Boursin is a cheese. Tastes good though!

Back
Top Bottom