Exclusive: A hands-on, first look at the Blackland Blackbird razor

One of my customers works on the base where the SR-71 fleet was stationed. I'll make some calls. :)

How cool is that? How could you ever get bored with a job where you see that aircraft everyday?

Given the SR-71 flew from New York to London in a shade under 1 hour, 55 minutes*, it might be worth me mentioning I'm at home this evening!

* And if anyone isn't impressed by that, the best time Concorde ever managed was about an hour slower. And the Boeing 747 rolls in at about 6 hours, 15 minutes.

Well, what can i say that Blackbird owners don't already know.
Very efficient, slightly aggressive- you certainly know you're scraping your face with a blade, lots of feedback which I wasn't expecting
Two passes, quick buff and done

For me the Gen 1 Blackbird is the closest shave to a SE that I've experienced in terms of blade feel and closeness, however find the experience a little harsh in shave. Post shave there is rarely any irritation of cuts though. I attributed the harsh feeling to the semi sharp safety bar corners which have been rounded off on the latest version.

I'm looking at getting one of these when they are back in stock. I was wondering if someone could tell how much they were charged for shipping, customs and handle fees please?

Back
Top Bottom