Closed European pass-around: Bunny V3

Back to the relative sanity of the NOTSO comb this morning with that smooth twin blade:
59ce54a93920d01261656c4d1084bbd7.jpg

Although there's a bit of audible feedback from the Schick II blade, the NOTSO comb gives the bunny a quiet stealth that the other combs lack as well as a remarkable smoothness.
The lack of sound and vibration make this a surprising shave because it is also so efficient with easy ATG even on the upper lip.
What a great shave!
864b1bb2b3fa24910ad9bb7dccc5099c.jpg

My last shave with the Bunny before it goes to @Nisse:
061659329fed7d53418496fdf2443a61.jpg

I finished strong with the WILD comb and the Schick II twin blade.
Beautiful and just such an efficient super comfortable, smooth and easy shave.

Although it's a very bold statement, I find the Bunny with the WILD comb to be as good as or better than any vintage injector I've used and it easily qualifies as one of my favourite safety razors, along with the Cobra Classic, Streamline and Shavecraft Tech.

When the Bunny becomes available for purchase, I will own one although I can see myself only using the WILD comb (or equivalent).

The minor issues I've encountered in the Bunny v3 are:
1) Build up of lather on the flat underside of the comb.
2) Fiddly comb changing due to the excessive length of the screw thread.
3) Issues with tolerance in the spring and difficulty in loading twin blades.

The things I love about the Bunny are:
1) Incredible shave longevity > Cobra and R41
2) Very smooth shave with great efficiency.
3) Very very beautiful aesthetics.
4) Novel and intuitive stick grip.
5) Really easy ATG shaving even on upper lip.
6) Removable comb for easy cleaning and aftermarket mods (there's no end to the different comb plates that could be made eh?)

I am very impressed with this razor, so thanks Tom for such a great and thoughtful creation.
And thanks Mike for facilitating the European Passaround .

I love the Bunny so please put my name on the waiting list [emoji3]

It's a joy to shave with.
7886da2dd1dc7d86699d7c6d06441b1b.jpg

My last shave with the Bunny before it goes to @Nisse:
061659329fed7d53418496fdf2443a61.jpg

I finished strong with the WILD comb and the Schick II twin blade.
Beautiful and just such an efficient super comfortable, smooth and easy shave.

Although it's a very bold statement, I find the Bunny with the WILD comb to be as good as or better than any vintage injector I've used and it easily qualifies as one of my favourite safety razors, along with the Cobra Classic, Streamline and Shavecraft Tech.

When the Bunny becomes available for purchase, I will own one although I can see myself only using the WILD comb (or equivalent).

The minor issues I've encountered in the Bunny v3 are:
1) Build up of lather on the flat underside of the comb.
2) Fiddly comb changing due to the excessive length of the screw thread.
3) Issues with tolerance in the spring and difficulty in loading twin blades.

The things I love about the Bunny are:
1) Incredible shave longevity > Cobra and R41
2) Very smooth shave with great efficiency.
3) Very very beautiful aesthetics.
4) Novel and intuitive stick grip.
5) Really easy ATG shaving even on upper lip.
6) Removable comb for easy cleaning and aftermarket mods (there's no end to the different comb plates that could be made eh?)

I am very impressed with this razor, so thanks Tom for such a great and thoughtful creation.
And thanks Mike for facilitating the European Passaround .

I love the Bunny so please put my name on the waiting list [emoji3]

It's a joy to shave with.
7886da2dd1dc7d86699d7c6d06441b1b.jpg
I thouroughly enjoyed reading your reports. I'm glad you like the Bunny that much!

Have fun, @Nisse !

The European list as it stands:

Macaronus (The Shave Room & The Shave Den)
MJClark (The Shave Room thread)

Nisse (The Shave Room thread)
Tjebbe (The Shave Den thread)
Marverel (The Shave Den thread)
Karsten (The Shave Room thread)
ChiefShaver (The Shave Den thread)
RSSO (The Shave Room thread)

=> The list is open <=

Legend:
waiting
on the way to
currently with
completed

bunny_razor_painting_watercolour_sort_of.jpg

Tuesday SHAVE ONE wild comb
A different steep angle, too steep riding on the plate - no shave, to low comb leaving stripes in lather - no shave, but when just right - still pretty steep - yes please, close, Muhle R41 close but smoother without fear of weepers or cuts. Mastering angle will take some practice so looking forward to even better shaves to come.

One problem noted shape of top plate with overhang may not be ideal for keeping precise blade control when trimming side burns/moustache/soul patch.

On blades
The number of suitable blades for an injector is limited. In fact no vendor in Sweden has got them so I am shopping online from Connaught Shaving and choosing between Personna, 7.68 pounds will buy 40, and Chinese Schick, 7 for 7.14 pounds, it is Personna all the way for me, great blades but the low price is reflected in a so so plastic container.

12 hours later
First shave felt good but still I was surprised by the longevity ok not smooth enough 12 hours later for serious cuddling but more than ok for working late or showing up at a social event in the evening.

Wednesday SHAVE TWO wild comb

My technique was better this morning and I was rewarded with a great shave, very close, very smooth, not sure where this effectivness is coming from because the shave just happens, no drama at all, have to check with fingers if I am really done.

Due to not being used to head size and shape I still need more practice to master the exact position of blade for detailing work.

On design
In polished aluminum with etched brass top plate Bunny is a hommage to a 1940s Schick F not a bad choice as it is probably the most sought after injector of all but a shiny finish may be hard to pull off and some marks from production or use can also be seen on Bunny, as patina or annoying imperfection, you know who you are.

bunnyV3_razor_wild_mild_combs.jpg

Thursday SHAVE THREE mix of wild and mild combs
Started shave left of nose with wild comb then changed to mild comb to shave right of nose and wild, mild, well at 6.30 in the morning to me it was same, same, no obvious difference just great shaves left and right.

Hardest part mastering the steep angle is under chin.

On changing combs
It is tiny the bolt so it can be a bit fiddly to remove and mount comb, change it for an Ikea style bolt and key but then again shit bound to happen according to Murphy's ie overtightening ruining threads.

Friday SHAVE FOUR mild comb

One more great shave this time on mild comb. One pass will yield a perfectly good shave but two passes with a third touch up pass will result in a perfect shave so one, two, three it is.

Area under chin still the hardest to master if angle is too low ie trying to shave riding on comb Bunny will surprise by showing rough and tough maybe even bite if pressure is applied.

On combs: Shaving on the wild side or going mild same, same to me. The two combs also look very similar except for a tad deeper groves on the wild compared to the mild. With my technique and growth both wild and mild perform the same ie great for a daily shave.

12 hours later
Maybe a difference between combs after all because the longevity of the shave with mild is not living up to the standard set by wild but then again it might be my technique lacking this morning: questions, questions, time for a comb to comb shootout over the weekend before sending Bunny to Tjebbe.

Saturday SHAVE FIVE wild vs mild shootout
Had a another close encounter with Bunny: face left mild comb, face right wild comb, so now waiting game begins, will there be a noticeable difference in longevity, oh the suspense...

bunny_razor_grip.jpg
On Bunny grip
High, no slip, very natural to me.

12 hours later
And the winner is, well it is a draw, no obvious difference to me between wild and mild in this not very scientific test, but overall a much better shave today compared to yesterday proving the importance of proper prep and technique. Will finish the shaving week tomorrow with a title bout featuring Bunny V3 vs the reigning champ in my rotation Muhle R41 (2013)!

Sunday SHAVE SIX the bout

Bunny V3 vs reigning champ Muhle R41 (2013). An intense fight called a draw in the end. Bunny performed like Muhammed Ali: slick. Muhle R41 in the style of Mike Tyson: watch out may bite. Both delivering K.O. shaves. Will be interesting to check tonight if any whiskers dare to show up.

On cleaning: Most injectors are in theory harder to keep clean than DE razors as they cannot be disassembled. But in practice it may only be a real problem if buying a grubby preloved injector because if using a new normal rinsing will take care of the day to day cleaning supplemented by soft toothbrush as optional extra. With Bunny it is also possible to remove comb for cleaning purpose but keep an eye on blade tinker with care.

12 hours later: To be fair a bout like this should really be scheduled for 12 rounds but not possible in this case so having to judge after a single round of shaving winner and still undefeated Champ: Muhle R41, but just by a whisker.

Summing up: Did the cheek to cheek with wife: “Wow! Smooth! And no drama! Keep it!” was her verdict. The Injector dream team would be Bunny for general shaving and Schick G for finishing touch trimming sideburns, moustasche, soul patch.

Last edited:
View attachment 17717
On blades

The number of suitable blades for an injector is limited. In fact no vendor in Sweden has got them so I am shopping online from Connaught Shaving and choosing between Personna, 7.68 pounds will buy 40, and Chinese Schick, 7 for 7.14 pounds, it is Personna all the way for me, great blades but the low price is reflected in a so so plastic container.
Chinese Schicks for me all the way. Well worth the extra money. The blades are better and maybe I have a particularly bad batch of plastic dispensers, but I have to transfer the blades into a metal dispenser to inject them. The metal bit that pushes the blades into the head just slips over the blade every single time. Meh.

Back
Top Bottom