Closed European pass-around: Bunny V3

To all on the pass around who have, or is going to have the Bunny. I just wanted to say if you have Feather AC blades. Give them a go. I have 5 shaves on my bunny right now and the shave is stupendous. I happen to be using the NOTSO.

I try to stay off the thread and not say anything, so not to sway people. But the Feather is performing marvelously.

That is all, over and out.

Tom

Last edited:
Tjebbe has completed his Bunny round and she has just arrived at @Marverel 's den!

The European list as it stands:

Macaronus (The Shave Room & The Shave Den)
MJClark (The Shave Room thread)
Nisse (The Shave Room thread)
Tjebbe (The Shave Den thread)
Marverel (The Shave Den thread)

Karsten (The Shave Room thread)
ChiefShaver (The Shave Den thread)
RSSO (The Shave Room thread)

=> The list is open, so if you want, you can still join in on the fun! <=

Legend:
waiting
on the way to
currently with
completed

@Karsten , could you please PM your address to @Marverel ? Thanks!

Marverel has completed his Bunny round and she is on her way to @Karsten! Read all about Marverel's experiences over here! It's a good read!

The European list as it stands:

Macaronus (The Shave Room & The Shave Den)
MJClark (The Shave Room thread)
Nisse (The Shave Room thread)
Tjebbe (The Shave Den thread)
Marverel (The Shave Den thread)

Karsten (The Shave Room thread)
ChiefShaver (The Shave Den thread)
RSSO (The Shave Room thread)

=> The list is open, so if you want, you can still join in on the fun! <=

Legend:
waiting
on the way to
currently with
completed

@Karsten , I have asked Chiefshaver (over at TSD) to PM me his address, so I can forward it to you eventually. :)

Here's my initial evaluation of the Bunny razor.
It is a beautiful razor with nice weight and balance. You just have to admire the workmanship on the Bunny.
My setup yesterday: Bunny with Krampfert's "Frostbite" , Doug Korn 7 2 band shavemac knot and AS "Krampferts
Finest" summer series.
I decided to load a own Schickinjector blade first, because those are the ones I use in my Schick G. Blade change was pretty simple and trouble-free . I just had to twist the magazine slightly after pushing in the key. The razor arrived here with the "notso" comb mounted, so I just left it that way.

This razor is unlike any other you might have used before. Different shaving angle, different head style ... and a different blade exposure compared to my Schick. So I was pretty cautious and used the lightest possible touch with the first few strokes - and at the same time tried to figure out the best "angle of attack". I just relied on acoustic instead of visual feedback. And this would be one minor point of criticism: Because of the "overhang" of the top plate/spring it's pretty difficult to visually determine where the blade edge actually is. It makes the head unneccesarily bulky.

Compared to the Schick I felt the blade a bit more with the Bunny and the bunny is more aggressive. Especially against the grain I think it was even more aggressive than the Schick with the same blade.

With the first pass WTG I found it a little difficult to keep the correct angle all the time ... but I guess it just takes a little practice. But the longer I used it the more natural it felt. You just have to use a different grip than with standard razors.

Three passes (a few touchups) leaving my face BBS almost everywhere (a few small spots side of the neck ). Very impressive for a first shave. I decided what to do today: no change also "notso".

Second shave with the Bunny razor
"notso" comb
The Setup:
- Jabonmen violets
- Epsilon 2 band
- Humphreys witch hazel
- Salthouse ASB "Dead Sea"
3 passes
Today I was too brave, perhaps too much pressure - razor burn on the neck.
After humphreys witch hazel and Salthouse ASB all ok - my face feels almost as smooth as glass.
Definitely tomorrow change the comb to "mild"

Monday, May 09 - third Bunny razor shave

My setup:

- Gentlemen's Tonic pre shave oil
- DeLuxe shaving cream Cool Daddy-O
- Brush Henri et Victoria
- Bunny razor
- Schick blade
- Humphreys witch hazel
- ASB DeLuxe atom balm Cool Daddy-O

Today I changed the comb and chose the "mild" one. It is very silent and you don't feel much of the blade.
But it works on a similar level of effectiveness as the "notso".

One minor quirk I noticed though (and others have stated this before me): I usually don't let the water run while I shave. I just fill the sink and rinse my razors there. That doesn't work very well with the Bunny, you actually have to use running water to remove the soap from between the teeth of the comb.

Today no razorburn. The shave was smooth and gentle, yet thoroughly and sustainable.
I personally prefer the mild comb.

Back
Top Bottom