Digestive Biscuits

Since they messed about with the recipe , I changed [ Shock Horror ] changed to Aldis.

I use unbuttered first thing in morning with Coffee.

I also use them buttered/unbuttered with all kinds of Cheese- ranging from Brie -Cheddar. On High Days & Holidays a pickled walnut may be added, accompanied by a drop of port. Never mind the Cholesterol.

Last edited:
Hiya

Oh for Cripes sake, I hadda look up what the hell these goofy things are,

So it seems like they're kinda like graham crackers, but knowing you Limeys they are gonna taste crappier for sure. More boring in every way is my guess.

Digestives eh? What a fun sounding name......sheesh. There's a store not far from me that sells worthless foreigner stuff and maybe I will try a pack of those sometimes. Yeah, I will float some in my bowl of Liptons tea and go bobbing for biscuits.

Martin

Ok own up. Who put a penny in the septic [emoji23]

Now what we should be talking about are hobnobs. Now they are a biscuit!

Someone at work bought a box of Waitrose chocolate-topped shortbread last year. They were by a head and shoulders the best biscuits in the history of ever.

I remember seeing my old Dad, Bless him, make a digestive sandwich. Two digestives with a thick slab of best butter in between. He had it regularly. I'm more of a dunker and I don't mind losing half in a cup of strong black coffee. Nice at the end to fish out with a spoon.

My wife's family do this too, I'd never heard of it until I moved up here. I nearly dropped my brew when her mum asked if I wanted my biscuit buttered!

I used to like dunking biscuits until I stopped having sugar in tea, now the biscuit sweetens my brew and I don't like it. :(

I remember seeing my old Dad, Bless him, make a digestive sandwich. Two digestives with a thick slab of best butter in between. He had it regularly. I'm more of a dunker and I don't mind losing half in a cup of strong black coffee. Nice at the end to fish out with a spoon.
I need a block of Lurpak to do that with.

To all the naysayers, home made cheesecake is digestive biccies and melted butter...delicious don't you think? :D

Back
Top Bottom