Digestive Biscuits

It's Friday and the sun shineth, so we're having a lively debate in the office. Over biscuits.

Someone brought in a packet of digestives (McVities obviously), I stated 'it's a pity we have no butter to put on them'. Now its all kicked off. We have bit of a North (for)/ South (against) split.

Anyone else like to butter them up, or put anything else on them?

Dunking them is a fine art I watch with trepidation and disgust mixed. Like a blood sport only milder.

Too sweet for cheese, though I have been known ...

I vaguely remember putting butter on them - or marge, anyway - when I was a child in the Midlands, not long after the last war. Yeuk!

Always looked at the digestive in the box of Jacobs Biscuits for Cheese with a mix of incredulity and disdain bordering on OCD shock. Such things should not be. It's biscuit to eat with your tea, not put things on. Putting things on is for crackers or bread, not 'ing biscuits. Would you like a nice slice of proscuittio on your custard cream? I thought not. Away with such madness!

Butter? JFC, here's an idea just buy a proper biscuit instead.

Ever wondered why they were called digestives? Yes indeed they were conceived as a Victorian "digestive aid" and therefore only really suitable for landfill or Yorkshire men. The fact that they are not allowed to be sold under that name in the US tells you all you need to know about their medicinal qualities.

Always looked at the digestive in the box of Jacobs Biscuits for Cheese with a mix of incredulity and disdain bordering on OCD shock. Such things should not be. It's biscuit to eat with your tea, not put things on. Putting things on is for crackers or bread, not 'ing biscuits. Would you like a nice slice of proscuittio on your custard cream? I thought not. Away with such madness!

I agree whole heartedly with this!!!

Biscuits are biscuits, not bread, or crackers!

Digestive and cheese... Bleeeeuuuugggghjhhh!!!!!
;-)

Butter? JFC, here's an idea just buy a proper biscuit instead.

Ever wondered why they were called digestives? Yes indeed they were conceived as a Victorian "digestive aid" and therefore only really suitable for landfill or Yorkshire men. The fact that they are not allowed to be sold under that name in the US tells you all you need to know about their medicinal qualities.
Those crazy Americans, not realising that a name can be just that :D

Medicinal biscuits! Now there's a thought! Must tell my GP about these at my diabetic review this afternoon! (Don't forget to take a sample again!)

Just take the digestive gloop in the bottom of your tea mug Carl.

"Original recipe" digestives used wholemeal and oatmeal so they might have been a bit better for you minus the sugar and fat, I don't believe that's the case for factory made stuff nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom