BST thread closed...

Bechet45 said:
Clearly, person or persons unknown to us have been giving Boab and the Mods a hard time and causing Admin headaches. Boab has imposed a collective 'punishment' and drawn our attention to The Rules. Simples! Abide by The Rules or BST gets shut down. Simples!

What goes on by PM is a Private Matter and has no recourse to Boab and the Mods to act as parent. Grown men will sort themselves out and boys will weep - but leave Boab and the Mods alone. Simples!

I've had nothing but good experience in BST and remain happy to deal openly and honestly with other members. I've also participated in, as well as organising, Group Buys and again have had nothing but open and honest dealings. Long may the trust in TSR continue.

Well Spotted Carl.

But if someone's bought something as a Paypal gift then that's their problem.
If a seller is insisting on payment via Paypal gift then they get banned from the BST.
Saves a lot of hassle & we can then move on.
How about minimum 100 posts + 6 months membership as probation for either buying or selling on here? That might help.

Scowley said:
This is the bit where I see I have broken the rules, but it is the buyers choice regarding how trustworthy they believe I am. If they wanted protection they would pay. The kicker? I don't know which option they chose and don't care as I am honest.

You don't care because you don't have to spend any time or effort replying to people who haven't had stuff or it's two days late and they are panicking and want a personal reference for the guy selling it, even though he only comes to the forum to sell his stuff without attracting fees of any description. I am trying to run the BST to make it fair and open for everyone using it, preferably without me or anyone else having to do anything to it apart from moving complete threads into the archive. If it becomes too much of a hassle and time constraint to have it as part of the forum then why should I leave it in? The whole ethos of this place was to have minimal involvement from the mods, recently it's becoming more difficult not to get involved with certain situations. I don't have time for it these days to be honest.

zygalski said:
How about minimum 100 posts + 6 months membership as probation for either buying or selling on here? That might help.

That excludes all newcomers from picking up reasonably priced starter items.

zygalski said:
Just ban the troublemakers from the BST then. Certainly if there's more than one infringement. That's what I'd do, with limited time & enthusiasm.

How about people just adhere to the rules?

Boab said:
zygalski said:
Just ban the troublemakers from the BST then. Certainly if there's more than one infringement. That's what I'd do, with limited time & enthusiasm.

I think there's alot of heightened awareness now on the rules of BST, and they are listed at the top of the BST forum as a sticky so there's no excuse. I think that most of the genuine guys on here should take it upon themselves to 'police' the forum publicly (not via PM), and politely point out to any poster on their particular thread that has purposely, or otherwise, broken the rules... I don't mind slapping a few wrists! LOL

Yeah, but scrapping BST doesn't exactly aid newbies though, eh?

I agree with the members policing BST idea.
In one of my sales I forgot to put Paypal as goods & services & was reminded so altered my original post. It shouldn't all be down to one or two people.

Bechet45 said:
Clearly, person or persons unknown to us have been giving Boab and the Mods a hard time and causing Admin headaches. Boab has imposed a collective 'punishment' and drawn our attention to The Rules. Simples! Abide by The Rules or BST gets shut down. Simples!

What goes on by PM is a Private Matter and has no recourse to Boab and the Mods to act as parent. Grown men will sort themselves out and boys will weep - but leave Boab and the Mods alone. Simples!

I've had nothing but good experience in BST and remain happy to deal openly and honestly with other members. I've also participated in, as well as organising, Group Buys and again have had nothing but open and honest dealings. Long may the trust in TSR continue.
VERY WELL EXPLAINED!!!!!

Boab said:
zygalski said:

Boab, let us members police it and put right anyone breaching the rules, and if after all of this malarchy, you get anyone pm'ing you complaining about a sale, delete it, dont even read it, then you wont have to spend any time on this.

zygalski said:

You have totally missed the point haven't you, Carl can you explain it again please?

Boab said:
zygalski said:

You have totally missed the point haven't you, Carl can you explain it again please?

Boab, anyone that hasn't got the point by now after 80 odd posts really is beyond redemption! LOL

I've gone through my posts, and can see where I might have gone 'wrong' as such. I can argue till the bovines come home about my interpretation of the rules but it doesn't change the fact I might have pissed people off by posting in a sell thread without reason.

So, for that I'll appologise.

Disregarding the Paypal issue, I must however say being able to get/read some feedback from those BST threads has helped as much as the threads in the 'regular' forums and I am not sure I am the only one.
For me it's a shame to lose that by obiding to the strict "dont post unless you want to buy/sell/trade" rule to be honest.

Again, apologies if I have offended anyone as such, if that was the case a PM would have been most welcome.
thanks

Alex

Back
Top Bottom