BST thread closed...

Bechet45 said:
Boab said:
zygalski said:
Yeah, but scrapping BST doesn't exactly aid newbies though, eh?

You have totally missed the point haven't you, Carl can you explain it again please?

In a ship, democracy ceases at the top of the gangway. In this forum, democracy stops when you sign in. Stop pissing the owner and Mods off, else you will lose BST permanently. It ain't up for discussion, Boab has spoken and said "Abide by the rules I have set". End of. lads.

Or put another way, it's Boab's ball in Boab's stadium and the game is Boab's. No one is invited to interject.

He runs things his way and in so doing has created a very pleasant, trusting and trust-worthy environment until now. Whoever it is giving grief, cut it out! Whoever doesn't like Boab's rules, go elsewhere. If you think you can change his mind in this thread, forget it, you are mistaken.

Obey the Rules or lose BST. Simples.

Except for total thick-heads, I think that covers it, Boab?

Guys! please don't ask questions to which you may not like the answers from Boab.

Bechet45 said:
What confusion, Chris?

I will post sales as price of the item + PayPal fees + postage = total cost. That way all opinions will be satisfied.

Jesus wept Carl. No confusion

Price plus fees plus postage gives buyer every option of what he wants to do.

It allows buyer to pay by gift or with fees by taking the risk and protects this site.

The system had worked for years with the odd person abusing it. Nothing is perfect.

To keep the price for the buyer as low as possible I send my sold items without T&T of proof of sending. Shipping prices would be doubled or tripled if I would do that. Without that proof there is also no seller protection from Paypal. The same is of course the case with payments via cash, bank transfer etc. Buyer is welcome to pay the fees though.

"Disclaimer - Please Read
Anyone buying here needs to verify the bona fides of the seller to their own satisfaction. All disputes will be exclusively between the buyer & seller - The Shaving Room will only facilitate contact, not mediation. Treat sales here as you would from the small ads in your local newspaper - a one-to-one transaction unless the seller indicates that it's a transaction being carried out through a legitimate business entity"

merwtje said:
To keep the price for the buyer as low as possible I send my sold items without T&T of proof of sending. Shipping prices would be doubled or tripled if I would do that.

I'm just curious, where you are, can the post office not supply you with a 'certificate of posting' free of charge? UK Royal Mail does and I've never posted out goods without getting it...

StephenShave said:
merwtje said:
To keep the price for the buyer as low as possible I send my sold items without T&T of proof of sending. Shipping prices would be doubled or tripled if I would do that.

I'm just curious, where you are, can the post office not supply you with a 'certificate of posting' free of charge? UK Royal Mail does and I've never posted out goods without getting it...

I'm in the Netherlands and we've ran out of Post Offices. I ship my packages at the desk of a supermarket. The girls/women there do not know very much about posting issues and if there is no receipt produced from the machine they use they can't make it for you.

StephenShave said:
merwtje said:

Does the certificate of posting carry details of the buyers post code? I know it does when you pay for, say, signed for - but I don't recall the receipt for a standard postage having any details. I may be totally wrong of course.

UKRob said:
StephenShave said:
merwtje said:

Does the certificate of posting carry details of the buyers post code? I know it does when you pay for, say, signed for - but I don't recall the receipt for a standard postage having any details. I may be totally wrong of course.

Yes, anytime I've got one, they always type the postcode into their keypad on my request, and it is printed out on the receipt. Even if you pop in with an envelope already 'stamped' you will still be able to get an official looking 'certificate of posting' for it...

I've bought, sold and traded on this forum over the past lustrum without any issues. I've never haggled (and it's my job) and always priced realistically, I hope. I've generally sent the goods before a cheque is received without any problems whatsoever.

I'll really miss this aspect of our site.

A genuine shame, but hey the dogs bark and the caravan moves on.

Back
Top Bottom