Bread...something new.

Rocky said:
Top, top find, Jim. The big plastic bowl I was using to 'prove' my pizza dough was crap. This looks good. I've seen them use these at Paul - the fancy french bakery chain in London.

You should be okay with plastic bowl for first prove Rocky, just cover with cling film or stick it in a plastic bag. I still use one myself and place it in a supermarket plastic bag for the over night prove but will use the woven basket for the second prove.

antdad said:
We both belong to a Trecky forum, I'm his Jim he's my Uhuru.

That's strange. I'm on weloveneighboursforum.com as Jim. Jim Robinson that is!!

jim01.jpg

That looks like a very good crumb too...if you do want an even crispier crust/drier crumb just cook for longer it's a very forgiving method/recipe.

Rocky said:
Mix all dry Ingrd > Add Water > Dough into oiled bowl + cling film and resting at Room temp for 12 hours

I'd leave it for longer if you can (18 -24 hrs) More time for the gluten to form and flavour to develop, should be bubbly and stringy. I'm heating the oven for a loaf right now as it happens.

I went on Bertinet's bread course in Bath, got the books and the t shirt. It's up to you but let's say I don't use his method any more.

Back
Top Bottom