Blades no longer on sale at eBay

If you see the quote it was from B&B

But it was this one
Hey thats my thread lol

It's been law for years that you had to show you were 18yo to buy blades in uk. Maybe uk government has cracked down on non compliance of Internet sellers, I don't know I'm just guessing.
Never been ID'd for any sort of razor, cart or de in shops before, both now (Still get ID'd for alcohol and cigs sometimes) and back when i was like 15

This is interesting... The Internet Archive Wayback Machine captured this policy page a few times in the past. I've narrowed down the period during which razor blades were moved from the "are allowed" to the "aren't allowed" list.

14th August 2021 - "are allowed"

6th September 2021 - "aren't allowed"
Hmmm.... these links to the web archive - it seems my mobile network provider is not allowing me to access them!?!?

If I follow the links while connected to WiFi or while using a VPN they resolve without a problem. I'm with Smarty who use the 3 network...

Hoard now!

While I've had a pang to panic-buy some of my favourites, I've looked at my stash and done some rough and ready calculations which err on the side of worst case ... but nevertheless, I have over 20 years of daily shaving possibilities in the house already. Buying more will just mean much of that will never get used.

That's my hoard ... already doing it!

Oh, and variety? Yeah! Over 160 different DE types of DE blade, many of which have 50 or more in reserve. Several hundred pre-snapped double edge blades. That lot gives me about 10 years. Maybe 100 Artist Club and 500 GEM by Personna, which at 7-10 shaves per blade is practically 10 years on its own. Oh, and cartridges ... and a small number of straight edge.

160+ is quite a hoard! No, I'm not going to list them all out.

I suspect even that's small fry compared to some hoards here ...

While I've had a pang to panic-buy some of my favourites, I've looked at my stash and done some rough and ready calculations which err on the side of worst case ... but nevertheless, I have over 20 years of daily shaving possibilities in the house already. Buying more will just mean much of that will never get used.
I'll echo this comment. I went on the same journey.

That's my hoard ... already doing it!

Oh, and variety? Yeah! Over 160 different DE types of DE blade, many of which have 50 or more in reserve. Several hundred pre-snapped double edge blades. That lot gives me about 10 years. Maybe 100 Artist Club and 500 GEM by Personna, which at 7-10 shaves per blade is practically 10 years on its own. Oh, and cartridges ... and a small number of straight edge.

160+ is quite a hoard! No, I'm not going to list them all out.

I suspect even that's small fry compared to some hoards here ...

If you believe your stocks are more than adequate, then there's no need to panic buy!

Aside from my stocks which I count for my own use, I quite like to 'introduce' my friends to certain things if they haven't tried them.

Since the coming of the 'blade apocalypse' I have bought some blades though, some Treet Platinums and Gillette 365's as I didn't have any in stock and I do like these blades. I think I will buy some others which I do like but do not have in significant stocks like the Gillette Platinum and maybe some Silver Stars. I'm not going to increase my stocks of blades I already have in good numbers.

I get the urge to buy a lot although there not being much on ebay now seems to have lessened my urges. I used to like seeing what new stuff would pop up on there; Indian brands I'd never heard of, vintage blades that occasionally weren't overpriced, and the perennial favourites (various 7 o'clock lines).
My favourite thing was coming across a stash of old Gillette Platinum or English Wilkies. I have had a lot of great purchases like that through ebay.

I did buy a few more blades from Big Deals Mart recently as some of you will have seen. I think being well stocked up on English Wilkies just a month or so ago is probably the thing that holds me back from going to town on more blade purchases. I don't need to use the English Wilkies sparingly and since they're a favourite I now don't need to use other blades instead of them. But I have plenty of others just for some variety.

I have approximately 5,800 DE and around 200 injector and maybe 100 cartridges of various formats, and shaving four to five times a week and getting around 3 shaves per blade probably means I have enough to see me out!

Back
Top Bottom