Blades no longer on sale at eBay

I ordered 100 Statum blades for £7.75 which I thought was fair. I'll see what actually arrives... (I can dig out a link if anyone's interested.)
I would be interested. I couldn't see number of blades for the Statum or the other blades he sells.
I've never used or seen Statum.

There was some talk about them here on the forum; then I specifically searched for them on ebay...
NB the listing I used is still on (click here). So far I used just one blade - and it was good, but I need to test some more.
Apologies, I meant what is your opinion of the blade and how does it compare to the other blades that you have used.

Yes, the seller is still selling them. I ordered 50 Nacet blades from La Barbiera recently and they are quite sharp and give about 6-7 shaves per blade.

Apologies, I meant what is your opinion of the blade and how does it compare to the other blades that you have used.

Yes, the seller is still selling them. I ordered 50 Nacet blades from La Barbiera recently and they are quite sharp and give about 6-7 shaves per blade.
Ah right, sorry - I re-read your question now and it was clear enough the first time.. don't know what when sideways in my head.
Just had a shave with one, it was nice enough, but I need to get more and consistent experience to feel able to give a fair opinion.

Just had an auction cancelled by eBay... It was for a Gillette old type razor, apparently it breached their knife policy which includes razor blades. Funnily enough no blades were included but there was an empty Gillette blue box in one of the photos... FFS.

The offending photo, if of interest:

IMG20230625152855-01.jpeg

Seems to be a zero tolerance policy on them now which explains why all blade listings vanished.

Last edited:
Whilst we can still buy blades from other sellers, it's annoying that you can't sell a razor with a pack of complimentary blades. I purchased a razor which had two packs of blades. One Nacet. If it wasn't for that, I would never have discovered those as my preferred blade. Also, I have some old gillette blades I was going to sell. Not knowing the value, eBay is the best way to find out, from the end bid price.

Just had an auction cancelled by eBay... It was for a Gillette old type razor, apparently it breached their knife policy which includes razor blades. Funnily enough no blades were included but there was an empty Gillette blue box in one of the photos... FFS.

The offending photo, if of interest:

View attachment 107999

Seems to be a zero tolerance policy on them now which explains why all blade listings vanished.
It looks nice - perhaps you could sell it here. Be warned, this is the worst time of year to sell on eBay.
A lot of people are on holiday, and others are saving their money for spending as the holiday approaches.
I see razors listed, starting at 99 pence. I bid £5 and win it for 99 pence because very few people are looking
That has happened a few times this month.

It looks nice - perhaps you could sell it here. Be warned, this is the worst time of year to sell on eBay.
A lot of people are on holiday, and others are saving their money for spending as the holiday approaches.
I see razors listed, starting at 99 pence. I bid £5 and win it for 99 pence because very few people are looking
That has happened a few times this month.

That's okay, I've been buying and selling shaving gear on eBay since 2016... Good photos and international postage will always see something reach it's peak value. UK buyers generally pay less for everything, don't know if it's because we're all skint or skinflints but it is what it is. Good condition Aristocrat set? UK = £80 if you're lucky, USA = £250 all day long. Hybrid Tech? UK = £150 if you're lucky, USA = £400 all day long... You get the idea :D

The whole thing is about as crackers as everything else is, these days. One brief look at eBay, and there are plenty of straights and shavettes on offer. In my book, these are more of an offensive weapon than a DE blade, and neither is a pointed stabbing instrument, so no logic there. Perhaps they self-identify as blunt instruments, but somehow I doubt it.

Too much "Peaky Blinders", and not enough background knowledge on, for example, Pre- and Postwar "razor gangs" in GB, whose weapon of choice, other than flick-knives, knuckledusters and sharpened motorbike chains, was a good old straight.

That's okay, I've been buying and selling shaving gear on eBay since 2016... Good photos and international postage will always see something reach it's peak value. UK buyers generally pay less for everything, don't know if it's because we're all skint or skinflints but it is what it is. Good condition Aristocrat set? UK = £80 if you're lucky, USA = £250 all day long. Hybrid Tech? UK = £150 if you're lucky, USA = £400 all day long... You get the idea :D
I appreciate what you're saying, but there are fewer buyers around in the northern hemisphere during the summer months.

Hmm, thanks old boy. And I hope my bank balance will thank you also!

Back
Top Bottom