Beer..a personal list of favourites

Tried some new beers yesterday at a festival I popped into. Have cut down on the amount of these things I go to as it tends to be the same old beers around the country but this one had quite a few breweries that I hadn't come across before.

Highlights were:

Merry Miner- Onsetters Ale: very drinkable, gold coloured and hoppy
Blythe- Black Gold: Porter type ale with a touch of bitterness
Roosters- Black Art: Very smooth porter , I've liked this breweries hoppier ales in the past.
Red Willow- Smokeless: another very deep flavoured porter.

New brewery opened in Liverpool called Liverpool Craft. Had a pint (well had 4 or 5) of one called Viking and wasn't too bad.

Got quite a few decent breweries around here now, just a pity the main one Cains is still rubbish and hasn't been good for at least 5 years.

My father was stationed in England during WW2 . After the war he and his brothers had a beer distributing company( grow up playing in the coolers and riding the skids). the one thing he alway talked about was English beer. Alway thought it was superior to anything that he had afterwards.

Nelson's Revenge
Adnams Broadside
Amarillo
Adnam's The Bitter
Adnam's Gunhill
Old Empire
Brentwood Gold (I work in Brentwood)
Adnam's Explorer
Adnam's Ghost Ship
Adnam's, Adnam's, Adnam's, and by the looks of it very popular across the country! A few guys from work have been to the Southwold brewery in the past (they used to do guided tours bit a bit pricey – not sure if they still do).

Unfortunately some pints I enjoy don't seem to enjoy me - Oyster Stout was a lovely pint but not worth the exit fee.

Lots of great beers already mentioned would be on my list eg Doom Bar, Hob Goblin, Spitfire.

I'd like to add Leffe and Hoegarden. Also I love Kriek (Belgian hot cherry beer) I've tried several brands and all have been amazing.

Anything by the Kernel Brewery in London
Anything by Magic Rock
Anything by Liverpool Organic
I'm a big fan of Abbeye and Trappist Ales as well.

Also I of course like anything I brew myself in the garage. My hobby is brewing beer, and drinking it of course :)

In no particular order of preference White shield,Robinson's old tom,op,
courage Directors.
But dont relay drink a lot of mass produced beer as i brew my own finishing off the christmas supply which was in the style of the courage directors.

Back
Top Bottom