Acquisitions - 24th to the 30th Jan 2011

Quite a week this for desireable shaving soaps. That's the safe arrival of Gillette Slims, Trumper's soap & a long awaited La Toja shave stick from Simmo. Thanks M8, the La Toja will be really conveenient for when I'm away from home and I'm keenly anticipating trying it out.

JohnnyO. \ :shave

This weeks incoming.....

2 Brushes 1 from Fido in Ivory Alternative (this technically I got last week, but wanted to show it after using it for a bit), stunning brush. Feather soft, good back bone and what a lather machine. I use mainly creams or soft soap so this brush suits me well.
The N.F. in the middle is only to give you an idea of the size of the others.
And the brush on the right arrived this morning from Bill. Ikon knot set in an olive wood base, I have to try this one out yet but will post my findings in a couple of weeks. But I asked him to make me a wood version of the famous "Chubby"...........I think he has got it spot on for me.

[attachment=2]

And after a long wait my Pomco Diagonal razor from Chicago.

[attachment=1]

[attachment=0]

All photographs taken against that famous Jewel Mountain Range which in case you don't know where that is it's close to Sunburyland.........I think there may be a few other places that have them as well........ :roll: :roll:

Attachments

• IMG_1550.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 96
  • IMG_1551.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 95
  • IMG_1552.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 95
missingskin said:
This weeks incoming.....

2 Brushes 1 from Fido in Ivory Alternative (this technically I got last week, but wanted to show it after using it for a bit), stunning brush. Feather soft, good back bone and what a lather machine. I use mainly creams or soft soap so this brush suits me well.
The N.F. in the middle is only to give you an idea of the size of the others.
And the brush on the right arrived this morning from Bill. Ikon knot set in an olive wood base, I have to try this one out yet but will post my findings in a couple of weeks. But I asked him to make me a wood version of the famous "Chubby"...........I think he has got it spot on for me.

[attachment=2]

[attachment=1]

[attachment=0]

All photographs taken against that famous Jewel Mountain Range which in case you don't know where that is it's close to Sunburyland.........I think there may be a few other places that have them as well........ :roll: :roll:

sorry%20really%20truly%20very%20apology.jpg

missingskin said:
This weeks incoming.....

:

What's doin Steve,

Hey, the Pomco looks to be a good example of that slant type, and the case is a nice touch. I'll be curious as to how it fits you.

Heh, well, that's one monkey off your back. I'd bet there's a long line of em, patiently waiting their turn to hop on when there's room.

Congrats on the new additions to your shaving arsenal,

Martin

Oh.....not to enable you or anything, but I have an excellent idea. I believe you should buy my Lady Pomco to go with your slant. Can you imagine how proud you'd be if you had that rare set? Yeah, you'd be famous.

I can package that razor along with that near mint travel slant (you know the one), and sell em both for the low low price of say......$200? Yep, it's your lucky day, having caught me in a weak moment.

Martin

Ordered yesterday this arrived today, fantastic service from <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.theinvisibleedge.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theinvisibleedge.co.uk/</a><!-- m -->

11u9u0k.jpg

dodgy said:
missingskin said:
This weeks incoming.....

:

What's doin Steve,

Hey, the Pomco looks to be a good example of that slant type, and the case is a nice touch. I'll be curious as to how it fits you.

Heh, well, that's one monkey off your back. I'd bet there's a long line of em, patiently waiting their turn to hop on when there's room.

Congrats on the new additions to your shaving arsenal,

Martin

Oh.....not to enable you or anything, but I have an excellent idea. I believe you should buy my Lady Pomco to go with your slant. Can you imagine how proud you'd be if you had that rare set? Yeah, you'd be famous.

I can package that razor along with that near mint travel slant (you know the one), and sell em both for the low low price of say......$200? Yep, it's your lucky day, having caught me in a weak moment.

Martin

Hi Martin, are you sure you don't work for QVC or some other shopping channel as you sure know how to sell a product...........and what are you insinuating offering me a Lady Pomco, I can have my special weekend shave (if you get my drift... ;) ;) ) with my red flair tip. I don't want people getting the wrong idea.
But thanks for thinking about me,
Steve

After saying that I'm going to use up shaving cream before I buy any more, I received 2 tubs of tabula rasa cream that I ordered from across the pond earlier in the week :? :roll: 1 tub of 'dark lavender' (not quite sure what makes it dark) and 1 tub of tangerine and vetiver.

This stuff has a consistency unlike anything else I have ever seen its like a firm, dry 'mousse' that is quite, almost sticky. Smells great, will post a review when I have used it a bit although first impressions are good.

matt31 said:
After saying that I'm going to use up shaving cream before I buy any more, I received 2 tubs of tabula rasa cream that I ordered from across the pond earlier in the week :? :roll: 1 tub of 'dark lavender' (not quite sure what makes it dark) and 1 tub of tangerine and vetiver.

This stuff has a consistency unlike anything else I have ever seen its like a firm, dry 'mousse' that is quite, almost sticky. Smells great, will post a review when I have used it a bit although first impressions are good.

There is a review on shaving 101 which explained how to get a good lather with Tabula Rasa, also I think I remember seeing a video from Teiste where he showed how to face lather it. It's something that I'd like to try at some point, must use some stuff up first though.

Jim,

I managed to get a very good lather with it and it gave me a really good shave. its just a really wierd consistency and has some ingredients that I have never seen on a shaving cream before (not that I pay them much due lol)

TR is primarily for hand lather. Teiste reportedly uses it for face lather, use 12 teaspoon fulls of water for mixing per each tub.
This cream leaves the skin exceptionally well conditioned after the shave. Matt, do let us know on the lavender, I would be curious on this one scent-wise.

RB73 said:
I really must master that elusive skill of "Only window shopping" whilst having a morning stroll around Mayfair...

Blimey O'Riley! You did very nicely there. What was that you bought from T+H? Looks like the triple milled soap maybe?

Every time I'm in there I'm so tempted to go for a shave in the back... at £39 it will have to be a special occasion though.

Back
Top Bottom