Acquisitions - 24th to the 30th Jan 2011

moodymick said:
Ids said:
A packet of valobra and a couple Arko Sticks, decided I'm having a minimal shave den so:
1 x UK - Palmolive
1 x French - Monsavon
1 x Italian - Proraso

The 2 new additions are going to fight it out for the final slot, that's if I decide to keep either.

What!!!! :eek: No German in da house?? Get some Tabac right now young man, it's the Ultimate (nearly said Final there then :shock: ) Shaving Solution.

Now don't come in my office in Denims again!! ;)
:lol: didn't like the tabac or more it didn't like me! It went to it's new Sunbury home quite a few months ago, had some speick soap and didn't think much of it.

I think the Arko is going to win out, such a unique scent.

Ids said:
moodymick said:
Ids said:
A packet of valobra and a couple Arko Sticks, decided I'm having a minimal shave den so:
1 x UK - Palmolive
1 x French - Monsavon
1 x Italian - Proraso

The 2 new additions are going to fight it out for the final slot, that's if I decide to keep either.

What!!!! :eek: No German in da house?? Get some Tabac right now young man, it's the Ultimate (nearly said Final there then :shock: ) Shaving Solution.

Now don't come in my office in Denims again!! ;)
:lol: didn't like the tabac or more it didn't like me! It went to it's new Sunbury home quite a few months ago, had some speick soap and didn't think much of it.

I think the Arko is going to win out, such a unique scent.

I know some people go on about Arko and urinal cakes, but I do quite like it. Speick I do rate (Mrs not too keen), but it is realy good stuff for your skin - funnily enough I used the full range today :D

Never tried the shave stick just wasn't too keen on the smell, I guessed it all smelt the same?!

I can see where the urinal cake bit comes from bit it's also that, that brings something different to the den.

4 x Slim adjustable (one case) - Pretty good nick. Most of the numbers missing.
1 x Short Super Adjustable - Good nick.
1 x Fatboy case - bit grubby

Freshly imported from the good ol US o A

Ids said:
Never tried the shave stick just wasn't too keen on the smell, I guessed it all smelt the same?!

I can see where the urinal cake bit comes from bit it's also that, that brings something different to the den.

yeah, the cream, shave stick, balm and AS all smell pretty similar. I can't speak for the Speick Natural range though, I have not tried it, but will probably buy some hand soap at some point - just for flash ;)

Another brush arrived at the weekend.

It was the custom one I had produced for my 40th from my wife and children by Bee Jay.

The handle is made out of faux horn, the knot is a Super badger 24mm with a loft of 48mm and came from the MD of Simpson/Vulfix, apparently you can't get them any more. I also had a silver disc inserted into the bottom of the handle.

I have given it a test palm lather and it really is a scrubby thing, which is exactly what I was looking for and it looks beautiful as well :)

hornbrush1_1.jpg

hornbrush2_1.jpg

hornbrush3_1.jpg

A 7/16 Vintage Garantie Straight Razor courtesy of The Strop Shops bargin shave ready razors.

This is quite a narrow blade ideal for under the nose area.

Neil did not have any info on his site re this razor, anyone here have any idea.

Would also like to say it was a first class service from start to finish.

Hiya,

Well, I had a weak moment recently and bought a bottle of Yatagan from a forum member. The price was right and I figured what the hell. I know it's not gonna be the same as the vintage stuff I've been wearing, but at least I won't feel guilty when I use it. The old juice I have now is rapidly dwindling, seeing as how it was only a two ounce bottle to begin with. I will be sad when that finally goes away.

I also bought one puck on ebay of my very favorite soap....ever. It's an old one and not seen all that often, and I have one puck left that I can't bring myself to use. Once I get this latest soap I'll crack open one of em.

Sheeeesh, it never does end,

Martin

Back
Top Bottom