Your Top 4 Aftershaves

I've loved all the TOBs I've trued and theTF&H, but now only buy them as colognes.

The only 2 aftershaves I buy are

Old Spice Classic
Prorasa Red

Both are brilliant at the job and smell good.

I might have to try Brut again though...

Last edited:
1. Old Spice (Original, not reformulated is best but Barrister & Mann is close).
2. V&R Spicebomb (Stirling Deton-8 is a good cheaper substitute).
3. Anything by Southern Witchcrafts especially Desairology and Necromantic.
4. Woody's aftershave tonic.

Reactions: Fox
I would say:
Goya Corvette (1950s version)
Floid Blue
Superdrug Forest Fresh
Goya Aqua Manda (the men's version, I must stress!)
At the moment I'd change all but Forest Fresh to:
Malizia Vetyver
Epsilon Blue Mediterranean (homage to Floid Blue)
Myrsol Plastic Shave
This is because they're still in production.
Until recently I though thought Forest Fresh was on the endangered species list!

What's the bay rum and clubman pinaud smell like?

Got that green proraso aftershave recently, I love it
Clubman Pinaud is what I call a classic barbershop scent. Your skin feels better even hours after use.

"A top choice for barbers, trusted for generations, Clubman Pinaud After Shave Lotion awakens your senses to citrus notes of lemon, lime and orange blending into herbal notes of vanilla and oakmoss. Its old-school barbershop scent will leave you feeling uplifted and refreshed."

"Perfect for the most sensitive of skin after a shave, Clubman After Shave Lotion helps to soothe delicate skin, reduce any rash or redness while simultaneously offering an ultra-cooling tingling effect. Calling upon a blend of refreshing ingredients, this formula rejuvenates and calms while toning the skin and tightening the pores to ultimately reveal soft and smooth post-shaved skin!"

I've loved all the TOBs I've trued and theTF&H, but now only buy them as colognes.

The only 2 aftershaves I buy are

Old Spice Classic
Prorasa Red

Both are brilliant at the job and smell good.

I might have to try Brut again though...

Old Spice and Brut would have been my choices, if I'd still been in my late teens/early 20s. Lynx Africa was also one of my "go to" aftershaves when I was much younger. I used to reek of them when I was at high school and college.

I then discovered Aramis, Davidoff Cool Water and Dior Fahrenheit about 10 years after that, and also other more "high end" aftershaves/EDTs. I haven't looked back since. I just wish that I had started wearing these much sooner.

Old Spice and Brut would have been my choices, if I'd still been in my late teens/early 20s. Lynx Africa was also one of my "go to" aftershaves when I was much younger. I used to reek of them when I was at high school and college.

I then discovered Aramis, Davidoff Cool Water and Dior Fahrenheit about 10 years after that, and also other more "high end" aftershaves/EDTs. I haven't looked back since. I just wish that I had started wearing these much sooner.
I've moved to these from the "higher end" stuff as I now value the effect as an AS on my skin most of all.

I've moved to these from the "higher end" stuff as I now value the effect as an AS on my skin most of all.
I did it the other way round. I started off with cheaper aftershaves and then moved onto more "high end" ones when I was a bit older. I just thought that they generally smelt better and lasted longer on my skin than the much cheaper ones.

Having said that, I do remember that Aramis brought me out in a rash when I used it for the very first time, but thankfully my skin got used to it, once it adjusted.

where's the best place to get clubman in the UK? I've always been interested in how it smells but not enough to get a wee bottle of a budget aftershave for £15. is it a lot better than the typical classic budget aftershaves we have here like brut, old spice etc? I guess it makes sense in the states where is easy to pick up offline but maybe not here?

Back
Top Bottom