Worth the upgrade?

Ids said:
I am going to be getting this brush as I just really like it, the impression I got from Simpsons is the handles are already made, I'm assuming they have some left over from the bullgoose LE? They have however assured me it isn't a second.

Way to go fella, one sure way of getting Simpsons' back up is to accuse them of selling seconds, which I never said btw.

Who'd be a retailer eh?

antdad said:
Ids said:
I am going to be getting this brush as I just really like it, the impression I got from Simpsons is the handles are already made, I'm assuming they have some left over from the bullgoose LE? They have however assured me it isn't a second.

Way to go fella, one sure way of getting Simpsons' back up is to accuse them of selling seconds, which I never said btw.

Who'd be a retailer eh?

Brilliant, I asked point blank was it a bullgoose second. :roll:

Received the brush today from Simpson and it's exactly what I wanted, bizarrely it says best badger rather than super badger, I'll post a pic in a while.

Ids said:
Received the brush today from Simpson and it's exactly what I wanted, bizarrely it says best badger rather than super badger, I'll post a pic in a while.

For the price you paid however much that was I'd be disappointed aesthetically but performance wise I'd just say F it and enjoy the brush for what it is. Congrats.

Ids said:
Looks that way, bit of a shame really just an excellent brush but not a 'true' custom

I'd view it another way, that's actually more custom than a custom, otherwise you'd have exactly the same brush as fifty others sold by Bullgoose.

I'll post a picture as soon as I've fast enough Internet again, my main issue was that the handle wasn't explained and when I asked about it my email was ignored.

Few weeks in, I'm very pleased with the brush, handle suits me perfectly and as for 2 band, I want another to rotate and that says it all.

What's the loft set to on yours?

Ids said:
I'll post a picture as soon as I've fast enough Internet again, my main issue was that the handle wasn't explained and when I asked about it my email was ignored.

Few weeks in, I'm very pleased with the brush, handle suits me perfectly and as for 2 band, I want another to rotate and that says it all.

Then emphasize how you want "Super Badger" engraved on the handle instead of "Best Badger"
faint.gif

Since you fancy Bulb do you make your lather from the bowl or face lather? I face regardless if Bulb or Bell unless I'm using a Barber brush then that goes straight to bowl.

How's the 52 setting working for you? I have two set at 53 and it splays enough sans flaccid. It's great. It's not stupid dense like Simpsons are. I've yet to use one comparable to stiff shaft and density like Simpsons. Those I've used are packed just enough bristles without being crazy. I need use other one more because it's not as packed and at different grade same knot size though.

Back
Top Bottom