Will you outlive your blades?

This topic, which crops up from time to time, and often when "Razorgeddon" appears possible, always reminds me of the poem by T. S. Eliot, where J. Alfred Prufrock has "measured out my life with coffee spoons". Substitute "razor blades" for "coffee spoons", and it becomes an apposite and profound statement for those who prefer the former as a gauge of time passing.

This topic, which crops up from time to time, and often when "Razorgeddon" appears possible, always reminds me of the poem by T. S. Eliot, where J. Alfred Prufrock has "measured out my life with coffee spoons". Substitute "razor blades" for "coffee spoons", and it becomes an apposite and profound statement for those who prefer the former as a gauge of time passing.
Clocks are also useful for this purpose

Think iv got enough blades for two life times but iv also got a lifetime of blades i’ll never use in terms of them being gash
Me too, but I'm hanging on to boxes of things like "The Gentleman" that came gratis, just in case there is a real shortage. For the first time in decades, I'm extending the supply lifetime of my blade stocks by the simple expedient of growing a "full set", ready to appear as Father Christmas or else downgraded to one of his elves.

I must be in the minority, I've probably got fewer than 100 blades, some of which are AC-SE. I bought 20 Kai Captain Titan Mild and 20 Feather and at approx 10 shaves per blade, that is a years worth. I've got twice as many DE blades that may be good for 5 shaves so that's another year. That's about as far into the future I want to count on! However, my straight razors will definitely outlive me, not least the one from 1850 which is already 3+ times older than my comparatively ephemeral 54 years.

Last edited:
I must be in the minority, I've probably got fewer than 100 blades, some of which are AC-SE. I bought 20 Kai Captain Titan Mild and 20 Feather and at approx 10 shaves per blade, that is a years worth. I've got twice as many DE blades that may be good for 5 shaves so that's another year. That's about as far into the future I want to count on! However, my straight razors will definitely outlive me, not least the one from 1850 which is already 3+ times older than my comparatively ephemeral 54 years.
Good On you,
I think iv got a lifetime of soaps as well.
Absolutely ridiculous when you think about it.
But like Oliver i still want more :D

There’s a lot more to life than Bic ‘s but hey if you like them you like them,
just shows we’re all different.
I tried feather, gillete silver blues, astras sp, derby, wizamet, super iridium, personna, derby and a bunch of other blades - only BIC's / Astra offered me a irritation free shave at an affordable price point. Yes, there maybe more to life than BIC's but this is what suits me :)

Back
Top Bottom